Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LIMITED OFFER: Roadster Chassis £645 inc. VAT (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1662)

clydeautomarine 7th August 2009 06:48 PM

£850 + vat & delivery

Price includes powder coating

Talonmotorsport 7th August 2009 06:49 PM

was just going to ask that myself...

mr henderson 7th August 2009 07:01 PM

Have you already sold 20 then (at the offer price) ? I can't imagine them flying out the door at £332.50 more.

clydeautomarine 7th August 2009 07:14 PM

The offer was limited. It's duration was open ended and would terminate at our discretion. It has now terminated because at that incredible price, it wasn't sustainable.

Now that we have production jigs we can turn an order around fairly quickly (within 4 weeks from date of order).

HandyAndy 7th August 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydeautomarine (Post 19548)
85% of the welds are TIG'd - unfortunately we couldn't do all of them due to access in certain areas of the chassis.

your chassis,s look very nice indeed,:cool:
may i ask..... the colour of powder coating, is white the colour you,ll be supplying them in or are those 2 chassis,s colour a customer request?

they look white on my screen, tho maybe they are silver?

cheers
andy

clydeautomarine 7th August 2009 07:42 PM

Powder coating can be any colour you require, providing it's stocked. Those chassis' are white to customer spec'. Both were just out of the oven, I'll get better pic's posted later next week.

HandyAndy 7th August 2009 07:50 PM

they do look very smart,
nice one :cool:

the more Roadsters on the road the better.

cheers
andy:)

mr henderson 7th August 2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 19561)

the more Roadsters on the road the better.

I think for that to happen what is needed is people to sell a complete kit, just buying a chassis still leaves people with the problem of where to buy the other bits- wishbones, rollover bar, uprights etc.

The secret of selling is not to give customers problems such as where to buy all the other bits, but to take the problems away, in exchange for their money.

clydeautomarine 7th August 2009 08:15 PM

We do all the bodywork and suspension too.

Our web-site will carry more details of this shortly, but we've been selling arches and nose cones for this quite successfully for quite a few months now (on EBAY).

mr henderson 7th August 2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydeautomarine (Post 19566)
We do all the bodywork and suspension too.

Our web-site will carry more details of this shortly, but we've been selling arches and nose cones for this quite successfully for quite a few months now (on EBAY).

You should put in some links- to the website and the ebay stuff. I had a quick look on ebay just now and couldn't find you (under body parts in the kit car parts section)