Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BBQ Day - Saturn (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3784)

spud69 5th March 2010 07:12 PM

BBQ Day - Saturn

Evening All,

Just in case any peeps are rounds the North East area, Hartlepool, tomorrow Saturn are starting their Burger / Barbeque open Saturdays tomorrow. Will be starting about 10am till about 1am with local builders there, some cars and visitors to the workshop / unit. While the weather is descent it is planned to have a social morning every Saturday just for a fun get together, blast out and some grub. All are welcome for whatever reason for anything roadster related.

Plus, just received a sample copy of Total Kit Car for this month and Steve Hole has put in a nice 3 page article all about Saturn if anybodys passing WHSmiths. Many thanks to Steve who has put together a very nice down to earth spread. I would attach some scanned images of it but i think he'd rather the mag was purchased. OR it can be read with a burger in the morning....;)

AndyH + HAndy

Janne E 5th March 2010 07:20 PM

Sorry guys:(

I´m a bit busy tomorrow, putting my chassi together:D

Maybe next time:D

Janne

pradaloup 5th March 2010 07:26 PM

I think it will be a can just for me

Bonzo 5th March 2010 07:39 PM

Oh bother

Oh what a bummer ..... It'll all be over by the time I get there :( :)

If that Chris G turns up ..... All the burgers & pies will be gone anyways !! :D :D

twinturbo 5th March 2010 07:45 PM

A few weeks time and I will be over for a burger, coffe and suspension components :) .. Hoperfully the Stripped MK1 golf will be gon and give it's space to the chassis :)

Have a nice mornin chaps. take a few photos

TT

Muffin 5th March 2010 07:45 PM

Post me a sosige...:D

Woof

Davey 5th March 2010 07:46 PM

Sadly I have two satellite TV systems to install in motorhomes tomorrow:mad: . Still, maybe I can make it up there for a future event:p , it would be a good run out for the Dragon in the summer:D .

D.

Enoch 5th March 2010 07:49 PM

Well, I 'm 300 miles away but would love to be there. Hope it all goes well for you and that the weather is good.
Best and all that,
Enoch

spud69 5th March 2010 07:51 PM

Thanks All, will take some pics tomorrow then everyone can have a laugh at the cool barby me and HAndy have fabbed up. Consists of an old washing machine drum turned vertical spinning on a flanged bearing set in its own stand. Might be pants but it looks cool.....:cool:

Will be good for fellow builders to meet up a bit more regular than a couple of shows.

HandyAndy 5th March 2010 08:29 PM

:D
its going to be a fun social event, that hopefully as the summer is looming & a few more cars are completed, & cars that are finished get a run out, we can make this a fun gathering, like Spud has said.....some car chat / grub / a run out in the cars & marvel at our Bar B Q , I suggested we put a grill from a nose cone on it :cool: :D

see you all there hopefully sometime soon:)

cheers
Andy