Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roadster Forum To Close (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13999)

chris_smith 17th November 2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_smith (Post 104614)
Thanks V8, can you send me my password please as iv requests it a couple of times but I never get an email?

Scratch that V8 I'm in now

will_08 17th November 2016 08:53 PM

Very sad indeed, as previously said hopefully there will be some way to archive the information, tonnes of good info on here :(

The V8 Files 17th November 2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_smith (Post 104614)
Thanks V8, can you send me my password please as iv requests it a couple of times but I never get an email?

There is an issue with email notification at the minute, should be sorted soon hopefully.

Dave F 17th November 2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The V8 Files (Post 104608)
Yes I do Chris, assuming your using the same name your account is there, it was activated on the 9th of September. Let me know if your having issues.

Any chance you can reset my password for roadster bullders, not been on in a while and forgot my username and password. I can't reset it without my username, my email address it will have been registered under is: d_fowler_f1@hotmail.com and I though the user name was the same as this.. Cheers

Ianr 17th November 2016 09:42 PM

VERY disappointed. Why? This has been - and would continue to be a wonderful resource for Haynes last two manuals about building a sevenesque car. There should be a third book using Mazda components to update the build - Phil @ Talon? maybe? - a really great pity to close this resource :-(

The V8 Files 17th November 2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave F (Post 104618)
Any chance you can reset my password for roadster bullders, not been on in a while and forgot my username and password. I can't reset it without my username, my email address it will have been registered under is: d_fowler_f1@hotmail.com and I though the user name was the same as this.. Cheers

I have emailed you a new temporary password, let me know if you have any more issues.

vmax1974 17th November 2016 10:05 PM

Whilst it is a shame that the forum is closing its not really a supprise the book has been out of print for a few years now so haynes have no reason to continue to use their resources when it does not benefit them in any way

Haynes were given plans and book alterations for the mx5 base however they chose not to do anything with them for whatever reason probably the same reason the single seater book was scrapped once the car was built and the book was finished

Haynes are first and formost a business and using resources to keep a few people happy in their hobby just doesn't make sound financial sense

I saw this coming a few months ago i am sure someone with some xomputer savy will be able to backup all the information on here

Join roadster builders and post as much useful information as you can before the bubble bursts and its all lost forever

The V8 Files 17th November 2016 10:16 PM

Just to add to Dave's words above, everyone is welcome copy their build threads over from here to roadster builders and then carry on with them there, let try and build a new resource for the next generation of builders.

vmax1974 17th November 2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky (Post 104613)
Also would like to know what happens to our messages in inbox

Unless you back them up by printing them out or converting them to pdf private messages like the rest of the information on here will be lost forever so my advice is use the features in your inbox and back them up

SteveH1 17th November 2016 10:27 PM

Is ther no way it can be taken over by someone