Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vodou car up for sale (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12779)

twinturbo 10th July 2013 12:39 PM

Vodou car up for sale

Just Spotted this on the bay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vodou-Hayn...item232d07d5ae

TT

MikeB 10th July 2013 01:11 PM

Good spot, we never did get to see the bodywork from Vodou, looks half decent.This will probably go for not much £

Stot 10th July 2013 01:45 PM

The BIN price is a bargain considering it comes with all the donor parts and is one of Phils chassis too. :eek:

Cheers
Stot

jason 82 10th July 2013 03:18 PM

Only down side is that it is right in the depths of Cornwall below st.austell. That's going to be one epic drive, it's going to cost a fair bit in fuel !:eek:

Talonmotorsport 10th July 2013 04:39 PM

Epic drive? Your half wrong there I delivered that one it's the first of only 2 ever made production chassis. I did'nt know that any body work had been pulled from the moulds.

jason 82 10th July 2013 06:07 PM

Could be worth a punt then.

Dualist 10th July 2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason 82 (Post 91628)
Only down side is that it is right in the depths of Cornwall below st.austell. That's going to be one epic drive, it's going to cost a fair bit in fuel !:eek:

That is what is gonna make it mega cheap ;)

Richwill 23rd July 2013 05:22 PM

I am a new member to this forum although I have been a member of Locostbuilders for several years and thought I would take a look on here as I wanted to build a Haynes roadster after having the books sat around for years.
I bought this at the weekend. It does look to be a bit of a bargain although I havent had time as yet to check it over completely.
I know the main chassis is well built but there are brackets that have been fittied which I will need to check over as they look to be just tacked in place.
I am looking forward to building this through the winter and welcome any guidance you guys can give.

I already have a Luego Velocity on the road so am familiar with these cars.

Regards
Rich

K4KEV 23rd July 2013 05:39 PM

Welcome aboard Rich....already a seasoned vet

Dualist 23rd July 2013 06:19 PM

Welcome dude, you got a bargain there :)

TheArf 23rd July 2013 07:15 PM

Hey Rich welcome to the nut house

Arfon

Richwill 16th November 2013 12:51 PM

Hopefully looking to make a start on this soon. I have noticed that the previous owner has made some odd alterations to the chassis which I may need some help with. I will take some pictures and post soon and hopefully someone will be able to make sense of what he has done.
Cheers Rich

Spikehaus 16th November 2013 07:00 PM

Where are you located in the country Rich?, that chassis is not so far away from me so guess someone local purchase it. It would be good to have a few more builders in the South West

Richwill 16th November 2013 09:54 PM

I am in Exeter. I am always looking out for other local builders/owners and am an active member of the apple county kit car club which although based in Taunton / Bridgewater does hold meets all over the South West and welcomes all kit car owners.
Take a look at the website to get an idea of what we get up to.
www.applecountykitcars.co.uk

baz-r 18th November 2013 12:25 AM

im also in exeter

alga 18th November 2013 03:54 PM

Register yourself in the builders' map, the link in in my sig!

tkpm 18th November 2013 07:24 PM

I'm not to far away in north devon

Richwill 23rd December 2013 09:05 PM

I managed to take some photos of the chassis and the odd modifications that the previous owner had started. What do people think he was trying to do by welding these small blocks onto the top rail?
I am hoping to rub down and paint the chassis shortly.
How do I get the pictures to load. I get a message saying they are too big ?

ayjay 23rd December 2013 09:19 PM

Hi Rich
Re photos, store them in photobucket or similar then they will be automatically resized to allow posting on here.

Richwill 23rd December 2013 10:01 PM

Loaded pictures to photobucket but can't get them to upload from my iPad. I haven't used photobucket before so may be doing something wrong. Still getting a message saying file too large.

Richwill 23rd December 2013 10:15 PM

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/...psyjtzcklh.jpg

Richwill 23rd December 2013 10:17 PM

The link above works.

Talonmotorsport 23rd December 2013 10:28 PM

I think what he has 'tried' to do is raise the nose bonnet and scuttle up to clear the engine, which would make some sense but why not use full lengths instead?

Richwill 23rd December 2013 10:33 PM

Does this need doing? I have the 1.6 engine and box from a Mk1 Mx5 to fit in.

Talonmotorsport 23rd December 2013 10:46 PM

I have seen the Vodou body work about 2 years+ ago and can say now it will be a very tight fit. I'm not sure that Matt ever got round to offering an engine to the chassis with the bonnet in place, I'd be very surprised if there was more than maybe 1 or 2 pulls from the moulds. You have a few options but both the bonnet and the sump will need cutting to make it fit.

Richwill 23rd December 2013 11:04 PM

Thanks for the input Phil. I will have to look into the options to arrive at the best solution.

PorkChop 23rd December 2013 11:15 PM

If you wrap img tags around the URL (that's [IMG] before and [\IMG] after the URL of your photobucket link), it'll embed the pics for you in the post.

Out of interest, what happened to the Vodou moulds etc, does anyone know?

Talonmotorsport 24th December 2013 09:37 AM

As far as the moulds go I can't help any further with as I really don't know what happened to Matt and Vodou after I delivered the chassis, it seemed to be moving on then just sort of went quiet after 2 months no phone calls,emails or forum posts.
You could try contacting Mark formerly of Triton as he advised Matt on the processes of making GRP parts but I think contact between them died off too after a while.