Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1.8CVH doner car for sale (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5449)

mark 21st November 2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCrash1971 (Post 49083)
I'd be tempted Mark if I had somewhere to strip it. I already have my donor parts, but it's a pinto engine and would prefer a cvh (to make the necessary swap easier post IVA)
I'll have a think about it, but if you decide to sell just the engine I'd probably be interested.

If nobody wants the full car in the next week im just keeping gearbox and diff so you can have the engine at a very good price

twinturbo 21st November 2010 06:09 PM

If you strip then I would be interested in various parts of the interior ( dash, headlining, boot carpet ) for the right price and if the condition is good :)

I am probably over there on the 4th at Saturn.

TT

mark 21st November 2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 49087)
If you strip then I would be interested in various parts of the interior ( dash, headlining, boot carpet ) for the right price and if the condition is good :)

I am probably over there on the 4th at Saturn.

TT

No probs i think it may be a bit tatty though, dont think the interior or boot has been cleaned, ever :D the head lining/boot carpet may be ok after a clean

You can have them if i strip it

JHewitt 23rd November 2010 01:00 PM

toooo far

I would have it for that price, but a bit too far away for me sadly.:(
Very surprised you have had no takers???

james3004 23rd November 2010 01:09 PM

If you end up breaking it can I have dibs on the shaft that links the steering column to the rack; and master cylinder?

mark 23rd November 2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james3004 (Post 49186)
If you end up breaking it can I have dibs on the shaft that links the steering column to the rack; and master cylinder?

Yeah no bother, its looking like im gonna be stripping it at the moment

I have a shortened cvh sump and pick up pipe in really good order with no leaks to sell too and a clutch kit that only got use from my iva pass in may to september when the engine died!

twinturbo 23rd November 2010 05:55 PM

Defo looks like we will be over at Saturn on the 4th..

TT

rapidtornado 23rd November 2010 09:42 PM

Can't belive you can't find a buyer?!?!? Amazes me when I'm looking I have to hunt down for months and then take second best option on a dohc, I would bitten your hand and arm off for this car at 250 squid... bummer!

twinturbo 24th November 2010 09:46 AM

Lack of MOT means transport needs to be arranged, I paid £150 just to get a granada from Newcastle to Carlisle.

That all bumps up the cost.

TT

mark 24th November 2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapidtornado (Post 49207)
Can't belive you can't find a buyer?!?!? Amazes me when I'm looking I have to hunt down for months and then take second best option on a dohc, I would bitten your hand and arm off for this car at 250 squid... bummer!

Im quite shocked i couldnt sell it complete, even without an mot

I only got it as i thought it would be a good help to another roadster builder and obviously make a small profit for myself ;)

Its not all bad news though, i am stripping it saturday got a buyer for engine, gearbox, front uprights/brakes, full rear end, logbook and vin plates to enable them to get an age related plate

Then another buyer for the steering column and cowls

Then someone else possibly wants the master cylinder but waiting for them to confirm

Oh yeah and TT may want a couple of bits if they are any good

So the old girl will live on in a few different roadsters rather than going straight to the big scrapyard in the sky :D