Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1.8CVH doner car for sale (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5449)

mark 20th November 2010 04:24 PM

1.8CVH doner car for sale

Well i picked up the sierra from the wifes grandad today

1991 1.8cvh, type 9 gearbox 76000miles he has owned it for last 13 years

£250ono if anyone is interested

Good bits :)

Taxed until end of month

Engine is nice and quiet and drives very well

Gearbox feels as it should

No whining or noises from the diff

Brand new battery

New radiator (worth selling on)

Brakes work fine

Bad bits :o

Just out of mot

Oil leak around sump (sump would need shortening anyway and a new gasket would cure the leak once in a roadster so not a major problem) sump bolts tightened up as they were almost loose, probably cured leak

Fuel line is corroded where it bends up into the engine bay and is leaking a little fuel (this wouldnt matter as wont be used on the roadster but is a problem in the meantime if you want to drive it long distance)i have repaired the fuel line with a new copper one so the car is completely safe to drive

mark 21st November 2010 02:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of the car

I have been out this morning and replaced the leaky fuel line with a new copper one so its completely safe to drive now with no leaks :)

I also cleaned the oil off around the sump only to find all the sump bolts were barely finger tight!

So a quick torque up of the bolts and thats probably sorted the oil weap from the sump gasket too

spud69 21st November 2010 02:08 PM

That's the nicest car you've had outside your house to date Mark.....:D Only joking of course.

You kept that one quiet, surprised you haven't had your hand snapped off yet. I may have it if it doesn't go quick....;)

Andrew

mark 21st November 2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 49060)
That's the nicest car you've had outside your house to date Mark.....:D Only joking of course.

You kept that one quiet, surprised you haven't had your hand snapped off yet. I may have it if it doesn't go quick....;)

Andrew

I thought it would go pretty quick but no interest as yet

Being that sierras are becoming very scarce now i thought it would be snapped up straight away.

It took me ages to find mine

If it doesn't go I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement if you want it ;)

If you don't want it i will just take the diff and gearbox as spares for mine and weigh the rest in! which would be a shame, i would like to see it turn into another roadster :)

twinturbo 21st November 2010 04:07 PM

So is it MOT'd?

Could be interested, maybeeee..

TT

HandyAndy 21st November 2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 49060)
That's the nicest car you've had outside your house to date Mark.....

Andrew

:D No its not, I popped round to see Mark the other night with my new toy:p :D

cheers
andy

twinturbo 21st November 2010 04:26 PM

New toy ???

Shame it's not MOT'd, could have got it over here and then used the good sierra bits on the XR4x4 and a few bits on the Roadster and flogged the rest.

TT

HandyAndy 21st November 2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 49073)
New toy ???

TT

bought myself a nice little runaround :cool: BMW 525i.

cheers
andy

twinturbo 21st November 2010 05:01 PM

Oooo, the 2.5 Straight 6 is a fantastic sounding engine.

TT

CaptainCrash1971 21st November 2010 06:32 PM

I'd be tempted Mark if I had somewhere to strip it. I already have my donor parts, but it's a pinto engine and would prefer a cvh (to make the necessary swap easier post IVA)
I'll have a think about it, but if you decide to sell just the engine I'd probably be interested.