Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   4 wheels on my waggon (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2394)

Bonzo 22nd July 2009 05:20 PM

4 wheels on my waggon

As already posted.

My build is finally on 4 wheels :)

The sun was shining this afternoon, good chance to take a picture or two.

Looking at the wheels on the car at a distance, I don't think they look too bad after all, Nothing a good refurb will not sort out !!??

This is the pleasure

Here is the pain

I cracked my knee a beauty climbing in !! My wife was cracked up & just had to take a photo of the moment.

Only the night before, my eldest son said " How are you going to get in that you doddery old git "
He loves me really !!

I'll not kid myself. I know I am only about half way there but a milestone none the less.

AshG 22nd July 2009 05:43 PM

looking good that ronnie.

couple of little problems i spotted. its not gonna work to well without a seat. and your wheels are on the wrong way round.

Bonzo 22nd July 2009 06:26 PM

Cheers Ash :)

What, you mean I need a seat as well :eek: :eek:

I only put those directional tyres the wrong way round just to annoy folks :D

jasongray5 22nd July 2009 07:00 PM

Christ mate, youve certainly been busy!
looking realy good, the car isnt too bad either:eek:

ps. get a haircut:p

Jimmyd 22nd July 2009 07:06 PM

Looking Good Bonzo.

I didn't have the nerve to send a pic of me in it!! but maybe that should become a forum rule, the first picture of chassis on wheels must include the builder sitting in it making "brmmmm brmmmm" noises. :rolleyes:

J

Bonzo 22nd July 2009 07:17 PM

Cheers chaps :)

Not a bad idea is that J .

In Ashes first picure post, he was dressed as the Stig :cool:

Yes been really going at it. From the rusting hulk that you saw earlier in the year, to this stage in about 4 weeks.

Managed to eascape the shearing this year, I havn't been dipped either :D
I hope DEFRA don't find out :eek:

HandyAndy 22nd July 2009 07:21 PM

:D nice one Ronnie, looks fantastic , well done on reaching this milestone :cool:

really like the roll bar & back stay position, it looks smart seeing it on a car compared to in a diagram in the book.

one comment if i may??????????

you are wearing the correct T shirt for your big day

SUPERMAN :D :D

All the best

andy

ps. yes all first photos of car on wheels must have the builder behind the wheel, great idea

Bonzo 22nd July 2009 07:26 PM

Cheers Andy :)

I did think about wearing my red pants on the outside, I thought it might offend. :D :D

Pitty I have to pull it all apart once the engine has been test fitted :eek:

adrianreeve 22nd July 2009 08:27 PM

Looking good that Ronnie! My my, we are a busy bunch just lately, must be around 10 cars on their wheels in the last couple of months!

I reckon at this pace, we could see a fair few Roadsters at next year's shows - vive la revolution!!!!

Well done mate, haven't forgotten my pledge to come and see you, just haven't been down to Gulval recently, but if it's OK I'll let you know when I'm coming!

Cheers

Adrian

Bonzo 22nd July 2009 08:48 PM

Cheers Adrian :)

Yes we have been a busy bunch over the last couple of months.

I'd love to meet if you find yourself in this neck of the woods :cool:

Been going at it as best I can for the last month. I'll try & get the Zetec engine test fitted next week .

My plan from then on, is to slow down the pace a little before I get broken again :eek:
The last time I broke myself I was out of action for a very long time :(

Have fun with your builds folks