Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   newbie from Peterborough (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7916)

JpHenebery 8th April 2012 10:02 PM

newbie from Peterborough

Hi ive just registered, Ive wanted to build one of these cars for years i first had the ron champion book and have now just bought the chriss gibbs book. I really cant wait to get started :)
Unfortunatly i dont have the space at the moment but we will be moving in a few months time and then i will have the space to do it.
I thought i would join now and pick up some tips and advice from you guy's before i start my build. Ive always been into fords so i will proberbly be going down the sierra root but i do quite like the idea of the mx5, Still ive got a little while to decide.
Just wanted to say hi and i look forward to getting to no you all a bit better

ayjay 8th April 2012 10:41 PM

Hi and welcome. you'll get lots of help and advice here . All quiet ATM I think a lot of people either at the kit car show(inc me tomorrow) or away for weekend.
Its ok just a senior moment,my nurse sorted me out. Its nice of the people here to let me carry on with my build--I wonder why they all wear white coats.

K4KEV 8th April 2012 11:15 PM

Hiya JP...youre in good hands on here ...make use of the search feature it will find most of what you look for ...have a good look at the build logs they are a wealth of info
welcome and enjoy
Kev

poshguy 9th April 2012 06:57 AM

welcome JP another member from petebororough good to see.good luck with your build :)

will_08 9th April 2012 09:00 AM

Welcome

Youll fing loads of info searching through the past posts btw

michael92 9th April 2012 09:16 PM

hey and welcome! look forward to seeing your progress as you go :) i live just near spalding , so if you ever need a hand or what so, just give me a shout :p

Michael

poshguy 9th April 2012 10:35 PM

michael how is the build coming on

JpHenebery 9th April 2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael92 (Post 72191)
hey and welcome! look forward to seeing your progress as you go :) i live just near spalding , so if you ever need a hand or what so, just give me a shout :p

Michael

Thanks i will proberbly take you up on that offer lol

JpHenebery 9th April 2012 11:03 PM

Hi thanks for the welcome guy's Ive been looking threw other peoples build threads and i really want to start mine now...... better wait untill we have moved.
I will proberbly buy a pre cut chassis kit and the grp bits. I want to do as much of the rest of it as i can myself

michael92 10th April 2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poshguy (Post 72196)
michael how is the build coming on

Had been rather slow up until now :) but it's starting to come along! I've started to update my thread ;)