Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Chassis on Fleabay (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5166)

HandyAndy 6th October 2010 12:07 PM

Chassis on Fleabay

whilst browsing fleabay, found this , might be head start for somebody.
The ad says it needs a little more work, some diagonals not welded in, its 50mm longer than standard.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cheers
andy

Talonmotorsport 6th October 2010 01:17 PM

Looks well dodgy that, I would'nt buy it. :rolleyes: The missing diagonals are the ones that are likly to be in the way while trying to fit the engine and it's mounts. It basicly needs D1+2 , TR5 , engine mounts, seat support bars and all the odd sod brackets for rad ect. It's a shame the seller has decided to sell it as he talked a good build based on 2ltr twin cam.

monsterob 6th October 2010 01:48 PM

Perhaps he left them sections out to make fitting his engine easier and its missing bracketry ? Wouldnt say thats dodgy ? Looks like a quick out of the blocks for someone, bit pricey for me though !

Talonmotorsport 6th October 2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterob (Post 46305)
Perhaps he left them sections out to make fitting his engine easier and its missing bracketry ? Wouldnt say thats dodgy ? Looks like a quick out of the blocks for someone, bit pricey for me though !

lifted from ebay Quote:
Due to a change in direction I have decided to sell my Talon Motorsport long cockpit Haynes Roadster chassis. The sale includes the chassis itself, and the front wishbones, the offset mushroom adaptors, the rear uprights (for disc brakes), the rear wishbones with camber adjusters and the differential brackets. The suspension brackets are all welded in position. End quote

I know what needs doing to it, I made every thing apart from the seats :D The chassis is shown as all my chassis are supplied, with no engine mounts due to the choice available or tubes that are likely to need cutting out after it leaves the workshop.

monsterob 6th October 2010 07:20 PM

ahh so cos you made it its dodgy .............

good bit of advertising !

reading it again (on a laptop not an iphone on my lunch break ) its clearer and i didnt read the listing

again im thwarted by not being able to see a face or body language to accompany the language / humour intended in your post !

silly me .........

Bonzo 6th October 2010 07:22 PM

Bargain

That is going to give someone a real flying start for not a lot of cash :)

Earlier this year I would have jumped quick at the buy it now price ( Never been very happy with my non powder coated chassis ) :o

I am still minded to make another chassis & use my exhisting one as a proto type so as I know where all of the brackets fit .... That way the new chassis can go off to powder coat knowing that no more work is required. ;) :)

Talonmotorsport 6th October 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterob (Post 46313)
ahh so cos you made it its dodgy .............

good bit of advertising !

reading it again (on a laptop not an iphone on my lunch break ) its clearer and i didnt read the listing

again im thwarted by not being able to see a face or body language to accompany the language / humour intended in your post !

silly me .........

Indeed the written word via a text message, email or forum message has caused many a mixed message in many relation ships both romantic and inpersonal over the net. In this case the intended sarcasm has been missed by a lack of a sizeable screen on a phone.
Honest to god thats the smartest thing I've said all day.

HandyAndy 6th October 2010 10:12 PM

Wasn,t there a forum member who said they had an extended chasssis?:confused:
or is my memory playing tricks on me again :eek: :D

Its a shame to see part builds come up for sale, must be a hard decision to give up on such a "dream":(
Whoever the chassis belongs too I wish them well for their sale & am sure it will be a great head start to someone with the same dream.

cheers
andy

HandyAndy 7th October 2010 09:36 AM

I,ve just realised who had the extended chassis, same location as the ebay listing.
That is a surprise thats its up for sale, shame too as I,m sure it would have been a nice build.

cheers
andy

mr henderson 7th October 2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 46339)
That is a surprise thats its up for sale, shame too as I,m sure it would have been a nice build.

But it probably still will be a nice build, but done by a different person (the buyer, I mean).

Maybe the seller decided on a different donor, and then found that it would be inappropriate to adapt the chassis to the different donor parts, and decided to start from scratch, building a new chassis around the new parts, and let someone else continue with the Talon chassis and parts?