Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

rpjg1975 20th July 2013 01:02 PM

Ah gotcha, just looked closer and see what u mean...could be a bit awkward. Any way u could mount your dials actually in the mdf?

Russ

Johno 20th July 2013 07:35 PM

Hi Stot,
Blooming heck mate you on a mission or what.......:D
At this rate It'll be done next week....:eek: :eek:
Cars looking great with many fresh ideas.
As you are going the "retro" look are you planning to fit a windscreen or Brooklands type aeroscreen post IVA.

Stot 20th July 2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johno (Post 91885)
Hi Stot,
Blooming heck mate you on a mission or what.......:D
At this rate It'll be done next week....:eek:
Cars looking great with many fresh ideas.
As you are going the "retro" look are you planning to fit a windscreen or Brooklands type aeroscreen post IVA.

Hi Johno,

I actually should have a first start tomorrow! Its got my full extra curricular attention anyway. ;)

I want a full windscreen post IVA, my wife wont want to be wearing goggles. :D I picked up a mini windscreen wiper set with stainless blades for £15 and the electrics are all still there for it so it should be a straight forward addition and cheaper than the Brooklands aeros overall I recon.

Cheers
Stot

Stot 21st July 2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 91888)
I actually should have a first start tomorrow!

And as if by magic...

Haynes Roadster MX5 First Start

I can get on with battoning down the electrics now I know it runs. :D

Cheers
Stot

skov 21st July 2013 03:55 PM

Nice one Stot!

alga 21st July 2013 09:08 PM

Well done! With your pace you should be enjoying the rides before the winter sets in.

davidimurray 21st July 2013 09:28 PM

Looking good.bet you must be pleased with that won't be long before you are on the road.

Stot 25th July 2013 07:19 AM

Hopefully get my diff and prop in this weekend.

I decided that as the Sierra build solid mounts the diff then the MX5 diff could be solid mounted too. The main reason for the diff being on rubbers in the MX5 in the first place is to stop the transfer of diff noise into the chassis. Curtailing noises aren't such a consideration on a 7 style kit car.

In preparation I removed the rubber diff bushes and made up these.

With the nose being solid mounted too hopefully it will stay solid and intact.

Cheers
Stot

TheArf 25th July 2013 08:40 AM

Just been looking at your start up video, congratulations on a major milestone, I seem to remember seeing somewhere that for the IVA your steering wheel cannot have holes or slots, I maybe wrong but just double check would hate you to fail on something stupid like that, that's why most leave on the original wheel then swap it post IVA

Arfon

Stot 25th July 2013 09:15 AM

Cheers Arfon. I have the original momo from the MX5 that has a face pad on it so ill chuck that on for IVA. :cool:

The wood one needs a refurb anyway but its only 12.5" so will suit the car a lot better, especially once the wood efect dash is in.

Cheers
Stot