Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rosco's haynes Build (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13517)

Rosco 21st August 2016 07:48 PM

Rosco 10th September 2016 07:35 PM

Well got my first track day next Friday, finally got it on the rollers to check the fueling, fueling needed a bit of a tweak but the main issue was at 9000 rpm the power dropped off, with a peak power of only 140bhp, great I thought, what's that going to be, but even so we took the air filter off just to watch the top injectors working because we thought it was cool, and only three where working, so I got some 2nd hand injectors and replaced the bad one, drives like a different car! 9000 rpm then hits the limiter at 13000! So back on the rollers for another power run and map the fueling,

Here's a pic of the two power curves, the top green line is the bad injector run and the top red line is how it is now!

All in all an easy fix really, and feels so much faster!

Also the rear wheel bearings seem to be bedding in nicely,

I've checked the alignment again and set the ride height with me sat in it, oh and centred the steering wheel

Few little jobs left and a clean and I should be ready for a blast around blyton park

garyt 11th September 2016 08:45 AM

funny how the old set up was marginally ahead up to @7750 rpm then the new ones are like chalk n cheese, I dont know but am guessing there are double injectors on each t/b ?
anyway glad your sorted and enjoy

metal matt 11th September 2016 09:35 AM

Nice one. Looking forward to seeing a Video of this in action. I'll be fitting my turbo over the winter and can't wait to get it on the rolling road to see what i can get

Rosco 10th November 2016 10:17 PM

bit of an update, did my track day at blyton in sept, well, one of the worst days I've had in a while,

It rained all the way there, and all morning till midday, at which point we decided to head home, did one lap, car was filthy and drenched as where my pants, I was gutted to be fair, I'm really surprised they let the day run as it was downright dangerous on track, but guess they wanted the money!

So got home and spent the whole weekend getting the car clean and dry again!

But I've been out for a few steady drives since, one issue I've had is with the colder weather my rubber pipes from my brake resviour have been leaking a little fluid so I've swapped to these tonight

There remote ones but I didn't realise you can mount them straight in the master cylinders, so see how these go

TSM Locost 11th November 2016 08:35 AM

Now in CKC , nice one :D :D :D

Rosco 11th November 2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSM Locost (Post 104590)
Now in CKC , nice one :D :D :D

haha thanks, Hows it Read? ive not got a mag yet :D

TSM Locost 11th November 2016 11:54 AM

No less than 6 pages and loads of pictures. proper job.

Rosco 11th November 2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSM Locost (Post 104593)
No less than 6 pages and loads of pictures. proper job.

brilliant, i think he said the finished photos will be in the month after :cool:

norton 11th November 2016 12:59 PM

Looking great as always! Have you any in car videos to share at all?