Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Bodywork and interior (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Has anyone used kitpartsdirect? (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2617)

Jimbob 24th August 2009 07:47 PM

Has anyone used kitpartsdirect?

Has anyone used kitpartsdirect?

As well as all the rest of it they do a nice 26" wide nose cone that sounds like it will fit the roadsters wide chassis. And it's £85 which aint too bad.

Just want to see if anyone has used them before to make sure they're decent.

James

HandyAndy 24th August 2009 07:55 PM

i,d suggest buying the nose from Triton race products, its made to measure & WILL fit, quality Grp that you,ll be hard pressed to find better. quality is worth the little bit more money ;)

andy:)

deezee 24th August 2009 08:21 PM

As I understand it, Kit Parts Direct are Great British Sportscars. So the Nose cone is either off an old Robinhood style or the new Zero. Seems like an good price though.

I'm not knocking Triton, but whenever the issue of seats or bodywork is asked, it seems like the only answer this forum gives. Again we all know the quality is awesome, but a couple of alternatives won't do any harm..... plus its nice to see variations on the Haynes theme.

Username 24th August 2009 08:27 PM

Hey,

Someone in this forum has done it, from memory I think his username is "SMUDGER", but im not sure.

I also thought about buying this nosecone from Kit parts dir. but I remember from that guy who has done that the nosecone needs to be further widened around 50mm more to make it fit properly to the haynes roadster.

Regards,
Dario:cool:

TSM Locost 24th August 2009 08:39 PM

Nose cones

I have a Robin Hood one on my locost, never rearly been happy with it. When i build my roadster it will be Triton only.
Spend your money wisely and it will look much better and you will be happy.

HandyAndy 24th August 2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezee (Post 20738)
As I understand it, Kit Parts Direct are Great British Sportscars. So the Nose cone is either off an old Robinhood style or the new Zero. Seems like an good price though.

I'm not knocking Triton, but whenever the issue of seats or bodywork is asked, it seems like the only answer this forum gives. Again we all know the quality is awesome, but a couple of alternatives won't do any harm..... plus its nice to see variations on the Haynes theme.

thats a fair comment to make, its a buyers market, but also buyer beware etc, as i said, the triton nose will fit without modifying it, i suggested the Triton nose as thats what i have & am VERY pleased with it & happy to pass on to other builders my opinion of the product.

a suggestion.... hold a Triton nose cone up to the sun light, then do the same with another make of nose cone, you,ll see the difference a few £,s spent will be worthwhile. ;)

andy:)

flyerncle 24th August 2009 10:24 PM

Either you are related or definately on commission Andy !

HandyAndy 24th August 2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 20750)
Either you are related or definately on commission Andy !

hey he might be my long lost brother????:eek:

after all.... my dad was in the Navy :D :D

no, not on commission just happy with the product :)

andy

flyerncle 24th August 2009 10:32 PM

Gotcha ! I is only kidding.

HandyAndy 24th August 2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 20753)
Gotcha ! I is only kidding.

hook .....line......& nose cone :D :D

sorry for being in a cheeky mood, needed to have a laugh.;) :o

andy