Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HandyAndy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12201)

The V8 Files 15th December 2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 86905)
I can't take too much credit for organising this it was Bruces'/Dad of seven's idea to help David/Irondoctor out with a flat pack.

Disclaimer: just got in form pub so screen slightly blurred and typing one fingered :confused:

Phil, while I may have made the initial suggestion you have run with it with the post and also offered up the man hours for cutting etc. my suggestion took minutes where as your offer of man hours takes and means a lot more :)

My reasons for suggesting it in the first instance were two fold,

1) Irondoctor gets his chassis and hopefully has some faith restored in the community spirit.

2) Andy has one less stress to worry about which hopefully gives him a little more personal space to deal with .. well everything he needs to deal with through an extremely difficult time.

Sorry I'm a little drunk but Phil you deserve the credit fair play to you to offer up your services :D

The V8 Files 15th December 2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 86908)
2012 has been a dark year, lets try and make 2013 a good un.

TT

Amen to that for both forums, Chrismas wishes to all from a drunken bunny :D

robo 16th December 2012 09:00 AM

Missed this one. Stick £25 in the pot from me phil towards some of your labour.

Bob

voucht 16th December 2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 86905)
I can't take too much credit for organising this it was Bruces'/Dad of seven's idea to help David/Irondoctor out with a flat pack.

OK, so thumb up for Do7 too.

Payment sent by Paypal Phil, should be with you in a few.
Bye.

irondoctor 16th December 2012 11:00 AM

Hi
Sorry for no reply yesterday, but I was overwhelmed by the response my post received.
What loyalty shown to Andy, a trusted and dedicated member of this forum.
Thank you Bruce as I read for the initiation of this generous move, and then the generosity of further members, but it must be a big thank you to Phil (talon) for his co-ordination of this project, and time and effort he will have to devote to cutting & dispatch.
Such generosity of spirit is truly overwhelming, my wife has just had to get the Kleenex out, as we both feel really touched by all your responses. Restores our faith in human nature.
Wishing all members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
(exept the spammers)
Let us also wish Andy all our best at this low time in his year and hope 2013 brings an upturn in his problems, and he returns as helpful as ever to the forum
Regards David (irondoctor)

donor car 92 sierra GLX 8v DOHC

twinturbo 16th December 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondoctor (Post 86920)

Thanks for the response,

You don't have a full set of exterior door/wing rubbing strips from the sierra do you. Missing the ones for mine. :rolleyes:

TT

The V8 Files 16th December 2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondoctor (Post 86920)
Hi
Sorry for no reply yesterday, but I was overwhelmed by the response my post received.
What loyalty shown to Andy, a trusted and dedicated member of this forum.
Thank you Bruce as I read for the initiation of this generous move, and then the generosity of further members, but it must be a big thank you to Phil (talon) for his co-ordination of this project, and time and effort he will have to devote to cutting & dispatch.
Such generosity of spirit is truly overwhelming, my wife has just had to get the Kleenex out, as we both feel really touched by all your responses. Restores our faith in human nature.
Wishing all members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
(exept the spammers)
Let us also wish Andy all our best at this low time in his year and hope 2013 brings an upturn in his problems, and he returns as helpful as ever to the forum
Regards David (irondoctor)

Your more than welcome from me David, but really Phil is the man that made it happen. I certainly look forward to seeing your build :)

I'm also looking into flat packing it myself now :D

Bruce

irondoctor 17th December 2012 05:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi TT
right hand door strip was in poor condition, and I think the others are now irretrievable, went in works skip in September must be getting full now.

voucht 17th December 2012 05:14 PM

TT,
Do you want me to check if mine are OK? I still have the shell of my Sierra (92 CLX 2.0i DOHC). But shipment from Sweden to the UK is not cheap, so I don't know if it is worth it. Tell me if you're interested, and I can make pictures so you can check the condition in which it is.
Regards.

robo 17th December 2012 05:21 PM

These threads are brilliant. We have gone from someones plight to general discussion to a charity and fund raiser to scrap car spares:p :)

Does anyone here know how to get rid of japanese knot weed?:p

Bob