Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Running gear (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   rear uprights for sale (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3082)

fabbyglass 13th December 2009 04:49 PM

The mags believed it too......suckers:D But there are a few who know better;)

TSM Locost 13th December 2009 05:55 PM

Cant trading standards do somthing to help the people that are being ripped off. Sale of goods, not safe to use. :(

Tatey 13th December 2009 06:26 PM

He'll need to have product liability insurance, or if he doesn't and his 'product' breaks during use and its proven that his workmanship was the blame then he's in for a world of bother with a massive lawsuit, but it really shouldn't come to that at all, does he not realise that he is potentially putting lives at risk with shoddy workmanship? :eek:

georgenewman1 13th December 2009 07:57 PM

na man, one of my mates had a set half made that hed started, i finished them off instead. when i got them i should have just sent them all streight back but tried to reason with him to no avail. by the time id thought to ring traidin standards and the credit card people it was too late as i was away, but they all wanted an independant person to write a report on the pieces before a 6 month deadline but the parts took 4 1/2 months to show up. the bloke is a twat i was just wonderin if anyone could use them to finish them properly or cut the sh*t out and start again with the bare plates.

on the other hand i ended up gettin the rear wings from triton, f*!k me sideways those lads do nice work,

i still got all the bodywork, craked scuttle, blotch out of shape nosecone, and the worst excuse for a set of front arches i thin k ive ever seen if anyone wants to have a look and put some sort of case together :(

fabbyglass 14th December 2009 07:28 PM

I know for a fact that liability insurance to cover companies involved with producing kit cars is approx 6k per year so my guess is not many bother;)

Tatey 14th December 2009 07:42 PM

Does anyone feel like putting these on their pride and joy, waiting until they fail and funding a duratec install from the following lawsuit :D :p

fabbyglass 14th December 2009 07:45 PM

You would be stuffed though if said firm had no insurance, as maybe the queue could be a long one.

Superloom 15th December 2009 09:32 AM

Gts

Hi Guys, Well i want to put some positive input into this discussion....
I am nearly finished building a Panther and Darren has been excellent to me, the Kit was a few days late but the quality was excellent. And whenever i've needed help or advice, he knows his stuff and has responded quickly.
So i don't know what i did different, i will upload a pic of my uprights....
Thanks

fabbyglass 15th December 2009 11:19 AM

It's not all bad but to send out uprights not finished and clearly a load of rusty rubbish isn't a good advert.

AshG 15th December 2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superloom (Post 27072)
Hi Guys, Well i want to put some positive input into this discussion....
I am nearly finished building a Panther and Darren has been excellent to me, the Kit was a few days late but the quality was excellent. And whenever i've needed help or advice, he knows his stuff and has responded quickly.
So i don't know what i did different, i will upload a pic of my uprights....
Thanks

superloom. regardless of your success the problem with darren is one day he sends out good stuff and the next day he sends out shit, some days he doesnt send anything at all.

show us some pictures of your car/parts as i am yet to see any good stuff.

as far as i am aware the only time good stuff come out of gts was when darren had skilled people working for him. he is now a one man band and doesnt give a toss about quality or the customer. this bloke has ruined many many peoples enjoyment of something that should be a fun relaxing hobby.