Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another build thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5830)

alga 9th March 2013 09:56 PM

Aww, very stylish.

skov 9th March 2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTWV50 (Post 88958)
Looks ace? What seats are those? There not your original seats are they??

No, I got peed off trying to make the original seats fit and treated myself to a new pair :)
They're the Cub Sport L7 ones from Kit Parts Direct.

Davidbolam 9th March 2013 10:03 PM

That looks good. It looks like east coast auto did your panels. Are they gbs seats?

David

CTWV50 9th March 2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skov (Post 88960)
No, I got peed off trying to make the original seats fit and treated myself to a new pair :)
They're the Cub Sport L7 ones from Kit Parts Direct.

Yes I'm reaching that point of I just can't be arsed messing around with the mx5 seats any more. £160! Not a bad price I suppose. Might just get a pair of those £90 GRP seats.

Are the L7s comfortable?

Edit: Oh wow it's £165 for a pair! Right then. I think I'll get a set. :D Don't suppose you could tell me the height of the belt holes and the width/centres or the holes too. cheers.

skov 10th March 2013 09:18 AM

The bolt holes are roughly 330mm front to back, and 290mm side to side.

The centre of the seat belt holes are about 550mm from the top of the seat base, and about 600mm from the underside.

They're not nearly as comfy as the MX5 seats, but I'm not going to complain too much for the price!
I recon they'll get better with a bit of use. The fabric and foam is quite stiff at the moment, and will probably (hopefully!) give a little over time and mould itself to my behind!

Johno 10th March 2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skov (Post 88957)
Speaking of interior panels, I've spent the last couple of days in front of the sewing machine making some more :o

Just finished fitting my seats and belts too:

Well I must say that looks totally outstanding John.
I'd be well proud of that.
Don't know if I could learn or have the patience how to do that.....LOL

skov 10th March 2013 07:15 PM

Thanks Johno,
I didn't find it that hard to pick up really, I certainly find it easier than welding!
My main problem is dealing with the limitations of my weedly little machine, it was really struggling with the seams along the top of the tunnel and it all went a bit wonky :rolleyes:
Could do with something a bit more industrial for car upholstery really!

K4KEV 11th March 2013 01:12 AM

Those panels do look the dogs John ....nice one on a bit of innovative creativity, keep it going bud.

flyerncle 11th March 2013 05:15 PM

My old man was a tailor and his Singer machines had 1/2 horsepower motors on,not a good idea to put the pinkies near.:eek:

skov 11th March 2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 88992)
My old man was a tailor and his Singer machines had 1/2 horsepower motors on,not a good idea to put the pinkies near.

On the upside you wouldn't need to go to the hospital to get stitches if you did!

Did a bit more upholstery yesterday and made a panel for the seat backs: