Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   hi and progress so far (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13369)

wylliezx9r 29th March 2015 10:13 PM

Nice one, milestone reached.

CTWV50 30th March 2015 10:50 AM

Engine start, best feeling ever. Well done!:D

dubzter 30th March 2015 11:44 AM

sounds awesome

garyt 5th April 2015 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well spent the day doing some jobs on the front end and sorting out the wiring for headlights etc , seem to have been busy but not a lot to see, oh well just to figure out mazdas' headlight wiring now . day off tomorrow so gonna try and get headlights working and rear lights wired in and hopefully working. hopefully alloys will arrive this week and I can start on cycle wings / stays
Gary
I swear the list is getting longer not shorter ....lol

SeriesLandy 5th April 2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyt (Post 100276)
well spent the day doing some jobs on the front end and sorting out the wiring for headlights etc , seem to have been busy but not a lot to see, oh well just to figure out mazdas' headlight wiring now . day off tomorrow so gonna try and get headlights working and rear lights wired in and hopefully working. hopefully alloys will arrive this week and I can start on cycle wings / stays
Gary
I swear the list is getting longer not shorter ....lol

The list never gets shorter. Mines finished and there are still jobs to be done.

garyt 6th April 2015 07:57 AM

Thanks for that Steve , just the encouragement required :)
I know from past experiances that in my mind every job done is a step closer to using her not finishing her and truthfully the list isn't getting longer just as I do one job I see another I hadn't thought about lol . so having coffee n toast, its a buetiful day so will see how I get on today
Gary

SeriesLandy 6th April 2015 08:01 AM

That's ok for the encouragement. When I was building I kept on making lists of the jobs needed doing and I got there in the end. It was a great achievement when I finished.

CTWV50 6th April 2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyt (Post 100278)
Thanks for that Steve , just the encouragement required :)
I know from past experiances that in my mind every job done is a step closer to using her not finishing her and truthfully the list isn't getting longer just as I do one job I see another I hadn't thought about lol . so having coffee n toast, its a buetiful day so will see how I get on today
Gary

It's not getting longer, it's getting more detailed. It means you're getting somewhere with the build. I still have 8 things on my list and I'm post IVA. And when they're done. I'll make another list, one of those things on the list will be "drive it". :D

garyt 11th April 2015 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HA HA lights working thought I was going crazy , I mean how hard can 4 wires be.................. eventually discovered I had stalks that were wired differently :) oh the joy :) and that mx5 stalk changes the earth not the feed any way got side dip main n flash now so happy.. and result got a pair of westy leather seats n runners for a bargin £, so these should be here end of the week :) so onto the indicators next...... wonder what lies ahead there lol
got the calipers and discs on today so probably need to source flexis next

garyt 11th April 2015 06:18 PM

just been looking back and next weekend is a year since I started her, how time flies when your having fun :D