Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Running gear (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Springs/dampers (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2856)

mark 5th October 2009 01:05 PM

Springs/dampers

I am going to order my springs and dampers from dampertech this week.

Last time this subject was mentioned somebody listed the specs and order codes etc and i seem to remember somebody talking about spring rates and that heavier people should get stronger rear springs?

Can somebody in the know please advise me if this is correct and which to order as they are quite pricey :eek: and i want to make sure i get the correct ones

Im 16 stone if that does make a difference

Thanks

NEroadster 6th October 2009 12:55 PM

Mark, I bought mine from Dampetech to be honest I just rang up and asked for a set of dampers for the haynes roadster the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and despatched them that day.

mark 6th October 2009 01:03 PM

I will do the same then, thanks for the reply :)

londonsean69 6th October 2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEroadster (Post 22818)
Mark, I bought mine from Dampetech to be honest I just rang up and asked for a set of dampers for the haynes roadster the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and despatched them that day.

What did they cost?

spud69 6th October 2009 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 22735)
I am going to order my springs and dampers from dampertech this week.

Last time this subject was mentioned somebody listed the specs and order codes etc and i seem to remember somebody talking about spring rates and that heavier people should get stronger rear springs?

Can somebody in the know please advise me if this is correct and which to order as they are quite pricey :eek: and i want to make sure i get the correct ones

Im 16 stone if that does make a difference

Thanks

Hi Mark,

I did the same and got mine from Dampertech, 350lbs front and 200lbs rear. The front on mine are perfect but next time i will be going for 250lbs springs for the rear, i'm also 16 stone and with a passenger the rear does compress a bit too much. I have had to wind the springs quite a way up to get my ride height and also stiffen up the dampers a fair bit.

I've wound up the springs since this pic but it does show how much rear compresses. Car still handles excellently though and it was pushed to the limit on these pics.

AndyH

HandyAndy 6th October 2009 04:23 PM

Spud, i,ve got 250lb springs for the rear of my car, if you want to try them to see if they achieve what you like in ride/handling just shout, easy to get them off at the mo ;)

cheers
andy

ps, great pics, i wonder who the lightweight is in the passenger seat ???

spud69 6th October 2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 22827)
Spud, i,ve got 250lb springs for the rear of my car, if you want to try them to see if they achieve what you like in ride/handling just shout, easy to get them off at the mo ;)

cheers
andy

ps, great pics, i wonder who the lightweight is in the passenger seat ???

Cheers Andy,

I think next time it goes on the track i may give it a try, its only when its pushed to the limit you notice.

Thanks...AndyH

mark 6th October 2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 22826)
Hi Mark,

I did the same and got mine from Dampertech, 350lbs front and 200lbs rear. The front on mine are perfect but next time i will be going for 250lbs springs for the rear, i'm also 16 stone and with a passenger the rear does compress a bit too much. I have had to wind the springs quite a way up to get my ride height and also stiffen up the dampers a fair bit.

I've wound up the springs since this pic but it does show how much rear compresses. Car still handles excellently though and it was pushed to the limit on these pics.

AndyH

I think i will go for the 250 rears then, looking at those pics it is very low on the limit :D

Also my bro is like me and you spud over six foot and 16+ stone and he will no doubt be coming along for the ride regularly when i get it finished.

Nice pics by the way, i drove an aston martin db9 around teesside autodrome
a few weeks back. I had the instructor shouting at me on the last lap :D i got up to 130 on the back straigt then braked very late! scared myself a little too :eek: its prob more fun and better suited to your car though as you know its a very tight track and the aston was like a bus compared to a roadster!

Thanks for the info mate

AshG 7th October 2009 01:15 AM

call dampertech and ask to speak to Dave. tell him Ash from CKC Mag pointed you in his direction and he should do u a good deal. say you need a haynes roadser setup and he will know what to send to you. it may be worth asking for the 250 rear springs as they ship by default with 200's

dogwood 7th October 2009 07:37 AM

I'm going to change to 250's on my rebuild.
I found it bottoms out quite easly, especialy 2 up.
Yea OK we are both lardy......:eek:

David

Anyone say we need 300's will get a slap!!!!:mad: