Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   coilover covers (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13198)

flyerncle 6th March 2014 06:49 PM

Gaz ones come allready drilled with grub screw in.

CTWV50 6th March 2014 06:53 PM

So........
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTWV50 (Post 96104)
there is no need to try and cut the side panel around the coil over and wishbone ends? Other than for aesthetic reasons?

Has anyone had a car through an IVA without panels in this area?

beardydave 6th March 2014 07:26 PM

Hmm, my Gaz shocks have just such a grub screw in the locking colar for the spring seat.

Perfect for mashing the threads when you forget to undo the grub screw when you try and adjust the height.

Stot 6th March 2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beardydave (Post 96122)
Hmm, my Gaz shocks have just such a grub screw in the locking colar for the spring seat.

Perfect for mashing the threads when you forget to undo the grub screw when you try and adjust the height.

There should be a little nylon/delrin stub under the grub screw so that doesn't happen.

Cheers
Stot

Davidbolam 6th March 2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTWV50 (Post 96120)
So........

Has anyone had a car through an IVA without panels in this area?

I think it's just for aesthetic reasons. Our panels are like the ones fitted to westfields

David

flyerncle 7th March 2014 10:03 AM

As David say's. There is nothing stopping you placing something behind all the front suspension on the chassis to cover all the bits and pieces in there.

CTWV50 7th March 2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidbolam (Post 96130)
I think it's just for aesthetic reasons. Our panels are like the ones fitted to westfields

David

So have you just left it open? If it would get through IVA I wouldn't be bothered about covering it up.

Davidbolam 7th March 2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTWV50 (Post 96135)
So have you just left it open? If it would get through IVA I wouldn't be bothered about covering it up.

Yes I'm going to keep them open and put some edge trim on the end of the panel.

Any photos to show how your build is progressing?

I will hopefully. Post something up soon. Just waiting for my cycle wings before the big unveil!

David

CTWV50 7th March 2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidbolam (Post 96139)
Yes I'm going to keep them open and put some edge trim on the end of the panel.

Any photos to show how your build is progressing?

I will hopefully. Post something up soon. Just waiting for my cycle wings before the big unveil!

David

Well I'll be doing the same then with my panels.

Look forward to your update. My car looks pretty much the same tbh, I've been doing little IVA things. I plan on making everything I can that's on the car atm IVA ready before going any further.

skov 7th March 2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 96099)
The actual shock itself is in an area that is not tested with the dreaded 100mm mushroom. The trapazoidal shape created inside of the wishbone frames is exempt.

Not strictly true - the top of the shock protudes out of the exempt area and has the potential for ball contact!
I stuck driveshaft gaitors over the top of mine:

Interestingly my adjusters don't have any kind of locking mechanism and they passed :cool: