Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   hi and progress so far (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13369)

dubzter 24th July 2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyt (Post 97691)
So after building a locost and then losing it when I got divorced here we go with round 2 !! with encouragement from my new missus who is dead keen on the whole idea I decided to go down the mx5 route.
incidentally not that my missus is a petrolhead but she had a mustang when we met stateside where I managed to get my first speeding fine , red mustang doing 90 on the interstate and £180 for the pleasure, enjoy the usa sir !!
anyway now we are back in sunny lossiemouth, Scotland and have got my chassis onto 4 wheels and am waiting for the engine to arrive from way down south
here is a pic of progress so far

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/attac...d=140389774 7

Great to see soemone "almost" local to me building. I'm based up in the far north, I haven't started yet but have read The Book many times. Got a massive list of house realated jobs to do before the missus will sign my work permit haha.

Looking forward to watching this one progress.

garyt 24th July 2014 09:23 PM

thanks, how far up north are you ? Keep the faith good things come to those who wait, just make sure a nice heated workshop is on your house jobs to do list, "makes it easier to service your car dear" seems like a reasonable ploy :)

dubzter 28th July 2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyt (Post 98035)
thanks, how far up north are you ? Keep the faith good things come to those who wait, just make sure a nice heated workshop is on your house jobs to do list, "makes it easier to service your car dear" seems like a reasonable ploy :)

Gary, I'm up in Caithness so local(ish) haha, the workshop is already covered so I'm all good there, just need to get past the windows/doors/decorating/etc then I'm good to go. Maybe get a start this winter, then again she will probably find something else for me to do :mad:

garyt 9th August 2014 04:25 PM

well started to do the fuel/ brake lines this weekend got up this morning to have the police knocking at the door some t##t hit my volvo last night and ripped the n/s wheel half off moving the car 3 ft back into a bollard.... :(
bonus was an off duty officer witnessed the whole thing at 3am, so instead of getting on, spent the day dealing with police and insurance waiting for them all to get their act together despite its the weekend sir.
sorry for the rant :(

garyt 12th August 2014 07:39 PM

BIG parcel arrived tonight, body panels :) :)
could not resist sticking them on the chassis, oh dear, its in danger of looking like a car :)
still a lot of work to get them fitting right but a big step.
Only down side engine will need to go over a tadge (Scottish unit of flexible measurement) as intake side is just catching edge of bulge.
Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow :)

MikeB 13th August 2014 01:34 PM

Exciting, who's bodywork did you get? piccy needed

garyt 13th August 2014 08:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Mike I got my bodywork from Gillham , he was advertising some seconds so I jumped at the offer as I will be painting anyway and I used to mess about with f/g when we had minis years ago.... so sorting out a few bits and pieces isnae a problem having said that they are still very good

garyt 13th August 2014 08:31 PM

also got pedals done and m/c's in.
only problem now is I will have to redo the engine mounts so that the engine intake clears the bonnet a combination of a little over and a little down should do it :)

garyt 14th August 2014 07:44 AM

as an aside for anyone interested I see he has an ad for nose/bonnet on ebay at moment

TheArf 14th August 2014 08:33 AM

looking good there Gary and in a short period of time

Arfon