Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Noob with a new mx5 Saturn build. (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13638)

garyout 20th July 2019 10:45 AM

Norton

Looking good mate your be applying for IVA soon at this rate.

again very tidy build

Gary

norton 20th July 2019 02:24 PM

Thanks Gary, it should look even better in a couple of weeks if the plan in my head comes to fruition.

Hows yours?

garyout 20th July 2019 07:15 PM

Norton

Look forward to a couple of weeks then :D

Very slow mate just cutting side panels to shape and getting back panel on, just trying to do some free jobs at the mo had a utility room build on side of house so skint,

I have about 200 jobs on the go I need to get one finished then move on to the next, I put a white board up in garage today so that should help :rolleyes:

Gary

norton 20th July 2019 08:56 PM

The white board is a great idea. I've had something similar on the go since early on and its a massive help to stay motivated and organised.

The offer to come take a look is still open if it helps in any way.

garyout 26th July 2019 08:39 PM

Evening Gavin

Will definitely take you up on the that offer.

When are you planning the IVA?

Gary

norton 29th July 2019 09:57 PM

Hi Gary,

I don't know about IVA. There's a few pita jobs to do before its ready like the underside of the dash and all edging bits. The bulk will be done in a month or so. If I can IVA it before the end of the year that'd be great but I'm in no rush. I need to get it to a rolling road too which could also throw up several issues.

norton 31st July 2019 05:48 PM

I'm sure everyone will laugh given how close I am but I need to sell this.

Due to a change in circumstances I need this gone which is a terrible shame however someone will have a very short time to finish before enjoying up to a potential 250bhp/sub 600kg weapon of a car.

Please read back through the build as you'll see a great deal of effort and attention to detail has gone into this.

It needs a couple more pipes for the charge cooler, the horns relocating and a boost controller wired in. The ecu is away having the mods to accommodate the boost controller.

Other than the edging work its more or less ready to go for its IVA.

£3500 but open to offers.

voucht 3rd August 2019 11:00 AM

Hi,
There is nothing to laugh about. I think it is rather sad, as it is always when someone has to get rid of a car he put so much effort in. I'm sorry for you, you were so close to the end.

Have you thought about posting your add it on the Facebook groups, both "haynes roadster owners group" and "Kitcars And Parts For Sale / Wanted Worldwide"?

Good luck with the sale.

garyout 3rd August 2019 06:57 PM

Hi Gavin

I am really sorry to hear the news and im gutted for you and so close to the end, If i had the money and space i would take it of your hands as it is a superb build but i have neither :(

If you need to deliver it i have a little car trailer if that would help in any way

Cheers Gary

norton 4th August 2019 01:40 PM

Cheers guys, all help and suggestions are appreciated. I'll let you know how the sale goes!