Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Bodywork and interior (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Just what the roadster needs (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6327)

K4KEV 2nd June 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyh (Post 59575)
have you got a flat floor under the engine as this is another place that could give a not so nice air brake.

would probably suffer from overheating.... all that hot air has to go somewheres, both from the rad and block and possibly intercooler

MarkB 2nd June 2011 05:54 PM

There are ways and means to skin a cat and keep it cool as well:D

Tilly819 2nd June 2011 08:15 PM

hi all

spud, how have you resolved the problem of the rear lower wishbone being lower than the lower chassis rail, i was looking at making an undertray for the rear of mine and found that the lower wishbones were in the way, and as such when the rear wheel is in full drop it would hit the top of the undertray ?.....wonder if my shocks are too long?

flyerncle 2nd June 2011 09:14 PM

Dont quote me on this but the travel is very little and there is no issue with it hitting if built to book spec but you need a 25 mm spacer as spud suggested.

spud69 4th June 2011 09:37 AM

Sorry Tilly i missed this,

Haven't found it to be a problem once you have your suspension and ride heights setup, the only time it is close is when the car is full jacked up. As Paul said a 25mm spacer is also used under RS3 to lower the tray to the floor level. If it is found to be an issue then the side can be trimmed to allow the lower wishbones to move past the undertray.

Hope that helps....Andrew

flyerncle 6th June 2011 12:55 PM

All we need now is a little chin spoiler for the nose cone......;)

Tilly819 6th June 2011 05:43 PM

^^

already on it, i made a small splitter for the front already but it needs lowering and a small diffuser putting behind it, made my own ally diffuser for the rear over the weekend, looks a bit Heath Robinson but bloody hell it works. il try and get some picks up soon

tilly

spud69 6th June 2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly819 (Post 59721)
^^

already on it, i made a small splitter for the front already but it needs lowering and a small diffuser putting behind it, made my own ally diffuser for the rear over the weekend, looks a bit Heath Robinson but bloody hell it works. il try and get some picks up soon

tilly

I had a good blast out in mine yesterday afternoon Tilly and the car now comes alive in 4th gear above 70mph, now gets upto the ton before you know it. Got a track day on Monday to so will give it a damn good thrashing then......:D

Well chuffed with it.....Andrew

flyerncle 6th June 2011 07:54 PM

I have seen some small wing type thingys on a nose cone at a race meeting on a seven type.

The idea I had was a spoiler/wing under the front of the nose cone.