Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Completed cars - the list returns! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2684)

slimtater 3rd May 2010 09:15 PM

Well that is most of the plaques given out - just have 006 (Longerr), 007 (Neil P) and 011 (7ishNZ) to pass on from those allocated so far. Sorry I didn't see you AshG but Handy was going to pass yours on.
Please let me know if you want yours sending if you are one of the three above. I am happy to keep this going (at least up to number 040) unless anyone has any objections? Think I volunteered myself to be the registrar of the new club!! :cool:

slimtater 3rd May 2010 09:24 PM

No problem - hope the plaque is ok.

It is the T350 which is essentially the predecessor to the Sagaris.
3.6 straight six, 350bhp, 1180kgs, no ABS, traction control etc!
I am hoping to do the odd event but on tracks with bigger run-offs!! :D

dogwood 3rd May 2010 11:02 PM

Yea Slim thanks for my plaque as well
Chuffed to bits with it.

Sorry didn't get to thank you propper at the show.
I got dragged away....:rolleyes:
think someone was getting bored with all my nattering..

slimtater 11th May 2010 06:02 PM

List updated - would be nice to see some pics of cars with the plaque on!

PaulFisher 16th May 2010 10:29 AM

Slimtater - just took a look at you're roadster photos - looks immaculate...

phil clegg 22nd September 2010 09:06 PM

on the road

mine now taxed and tested,alfa 3.0 v6

7ishNZ 1st October 2010 08:20 PM

If you PM me your address, I will post you a few quid to cover costs to post to NZ. Thanks.

gus 4th October 2010 04:56 PM

Hi all.

Thought I would let you know that my car passed IVA retest today just before 1pm. Straight down to Exeter DVLA with cert & came away with age related 'J' plate.

Sent all paperwork off about 6 weeks ago. DVLA didn't want to inspect my car as they said there had been a new instruction from head office saying that an IVA cert was adequate proof of engine & chassis numbers being checked. Ideal as I didn't have to hire a trailer to get the car to them.

This means I will now be able to drive the car to Exeter to put it on the 3ge stand later in the month.

Going to put plates on & go for a blast tonight.

Spec:- 1.8cvh type 9 gearbox - iva & registered 04/10/10 - 2 years to the month from buying the book.

Cheers

Gus

3GE Components 4th October 2010 05:11 PM

Excellent news Gus,

I bet your chuffed to bits.

Kind regards

John

gus 4th October 2010 05:16 PM

John,

The reassuring thing was watching a mega money GT40 fail iva before my retest. Proves even if you spend a fortune you are not certain of a pass.

Harsh I know on the other guy, but proves what an acheivement it is to build a car from scratch at home in the garage.

Gus