Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Got a Date (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3640)

AshG 11th February 2010 01:00 PM

early as i want to go the longer way to give the brakes a chance to bed in. hopefully dogwood will be there to back me up with some tools. ckc should also be there if the tester agrees to it.

i guess i better ask how many people they are comfortable with on-site as i wouldn't want to turn up with an army of people and upset the chap testing the car.

twinturbo 11th February 2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 31147)
early as i want to go the longer way to give the brakes a chance to bed in.

You not trailering it there?

TT

spud69 11th February 2010 01:34 PM

Good luck with the test Ash, i'm sure all will be okay.

Even if you're car is perfect though he will find something that you can fix there and then which means booking in for a re-test on the afternoon.....:( I'm sure they get half of the re-test fee as a bonus.

Good Luck....AndyH

AshG 11th February 2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 31152)
You not trailering it there?

TT

nope im driving it. if it fails and isnt aloud to drive home then i will go home and get the trailer. if i wasnt confident to drive the car i built then i wouldnt be going for the test

spud if its good enough to pass it will pass. i have spoke to andy the tester down there and he is a really nice guy. if it needs a retest then so be it. i just think its great that you can build your own car from bits of metal in the shed and actually be able to drive it on the road!!

AndyLockwood 11th February 2010 01:59 PM

Best of luck im sure everything will be fine the car looks great

cheers

Andy

twinturbo 11th February 2010 02:11 PM

So are you legaly allowd to drive there?

TT

gingea1pom 11th February 2010 03:18 PM

Oh yes, seams kind of crazy some how. No tax no number plates. But thems the rules

twinturbo 11th February 2010 03:31 PM

But not allowed to drive it back after a fail?

TT

spud69 11th February 2010 04:03 PM

Just like going to a pre-booked MOT you can drive a car there out of MOT. Even if you fail you can drive it home as long as the examiner deems the failure to be not an imminent danger to the user or other road users. If it breaks down on the way to the test you would be well miffed though.

Bonzo 11th February 2010 04:12 PM

As far as i know .... You can drive the car to an IVA inspection, provided that you have adequate insurance cover of course.

Should you fail you may also drive the vehicle straight back to where the remidial work is to be done .... If the examiner finds a defect that renders the vehicle dangerous to drive, he may prohibit the vehicle from being driven away.. !!??