Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Oh so quiet (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2198)

HandyAndy 7th July 2009 08:41 AM

Nice one Ronnie, we,re all eager to see your progress photos, keep at it.:) :cool:

andy

Bonzo 7th July 2009 08:56 AM

To be honest Andy

It was meeting all of you good folks at Stoneleigh that gave me the burning desire to restart my buid. ;)

I was lucky enough to see Spikehaus's build in the flesh a short while ago, that gave me an even bigger kick up the ass :D
It made me realise that I am not too far behind his progress & in fact, most of the hard work is done. :cool: :)

jasongray5 7th July 2009 10:28 AM

Well done mate, hopefully not too long before your rolling it around your workshop! And if your energy levels do take a dive, please dont hesitate to give us a call and I will come and give you a hand for the day or summat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 17456)
most of the hard work is done. :cool: :)

Realy??? one word, megajolt...:p :p

Bonzo 7th July 2009 12:43 PM

Thanks

Cheers for the offer Jas :)

Jobs left to do !!??

Cut & weld little squares to cap all of the open ends of the chassis tubes

Make & fit CP17

Weld the round bits to the end of the headlamp stalks

Finally have a good re-read of the book to make sure that I have not missed anything

Ohhh & find out where CP9 & CP25 plates go !!??
May have used them allready but to be honest bu**ered if I know :o :D

Once I have done that little lot, preperation ready for the primer & topcoat :cool:

HandyAndy 7th July 2009 05:36 PM

i believe CP9 & CP25 go in the rear tub area, bracing bits for uprights of the rear tub, i say i believe as i don,t need them with the Triton tub. ;) :)

andy

Bonzo 7th July 2009 05:57 PM

Ta mutchly

Cheers Andy

Whilst I am on here.

I am looking for the general dimensions of Fabbys nosecone

Having obtained a Nissan Micra radiator today it is looking a tad too tall :confused:

To be exact, I am wanting to know the height of the noscone above the front frame / top rails & how far forward the radiator can come out from the bottom of the front frame without hitting the inside of the lower part of the nonescone !!?? :confused: ;)

If the radiator is suitable, I can then fabricate the radiator mountings. That will be one less area of paintwork to damage :o

HandyAndy 7th July 2009 06:22 PM

just having dinner, :o

i can get the measurements tomorrow for you. ( nose & my rad are at mothers place).

be back soon:eek:

andy

turboporscheandy 7th July 2009 09:07 PM

well done Ronnie keep up the good work fella! Its good to see another car in the flesh its a megajolt in the butt to make progress!(d`ya like what I did there!lol!)
Andrew

Bonzo 7th July 2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboporscheandy (Post 17507)
well done Ronnie keep up the good work fella! Its good to see another car in the flesh its a megajolt in the butt to make progress!(d`ya like what I did there!lol!)
Andrew

Very good ;)

I just wish I could get a Megasquirt on with the build :rolleyes: :o :o

Bonzo 8th July 2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 17480)
i believe CP9 & CP25 go in the rear tub area, bracing bits for uprights of the rear tub, i say i believe as i don,t need them with the Triton tub.

andy

You are dead right Andy.

Just located them in the book.

I sort of done my own thing in that area, thats one less job to do then ;) :D

Well back out to the workshop, nose to the grindstone & all that

Lets see if I can manage to get more than 2 jobs done today :eek: :o