Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Bodywork and interior (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bulk Buy - BODYWORK! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8480)

Ben_Copeland 19th September 2012 07:38 PM

Bulk Buy - BODYWORK!

THIS IS NOW FINISHED

Ive done a few bulk buys and words got around about it, i get asked every now and then for something specific. Well heres another possible one.

While ordering my bodywork from equinox i've persuaded Dave to give me the chance of a bulk buy.

5 sets of bodywork.

Deal is now finished.

http://www.equinoxproducts.co.uk/sho...?productid=168 for 10 piece kit details.

Choice of nosecones and bonnet, no extra cost. So you dont need to add £15 for the scooped bonnet.

If you private message me for further details and orders, then i can pass it onto Dave.

I'm number 1 so theres only 4 more needed.

The quality of the bodywork is brilliant and well worth the money

UPDATE : Daves extended the vat off to other parts like dash, seats, aeroscreen, boot panel and box if bought with 10 piece.

stew 19th September 2012 10:39 PM

im interested. how does the rear tub fit onto the chassis? does it need the book spec rear pannel framework or not? mine is a mx5 based build.

robo 19th September 2012 11:00 PM

X 2 please but that would have to include some over sized rear arches to cover slightly wider rubber.

Bob

Big Vern 19th September 2012 11:20 PM

Are equinox going to do seats as well?

Ben_Copeland 20th September 2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stew (Post 78196)
im interested. how does the rear tub fit onto the chassis? does it need the book spec rear pannel framework or not? mine is a mx5 based build.

It's designed to fit over the book chassis. So can fit over the curved top tubes, but doesn't need them there.

As long as its got something to attach too at the back to support it. It'll be fine

Ben_Copeland 20th September 2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo (Post 78199)
X 2 please but that would have to include some over sized rear arches to cover slightly wider rubber.

Bob

Your in luck he's got some 11 inch wide arches that I've ordered too.

Ben_Copeland 20th September 2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vern (Post 78201)
Are equinox going to do seats as well?

Yes chap he does seats. Even wide ones too. Think they are £130 with bonded base for fittings.

DRCorsa 20th September 2012 07:54 AM

I hope they are of better quality than fabbyglass crackers.

Ben_Copeland 20th September 2012 08:45 AM

Yes he wouldn't let anything substandard out the door! They'll be high quality like the bodywork :)

voucht 20th September 2012 12:34 PM

Price sounds good, and I would be interested if I was at that stage of my build, but I'll have to wait.

Question Ben: could Equinox communicate the dimensions of their body elements, especially the nose/bonnet/scuttle. I've been told the bonnet is quite high and a 2.0i could fit under, but I want to make sure. I hope I can make the first engine fitting trials newt month, so I will know how much room I need, and having the dimensions would help me to decide Equinox or another bodywork.

Thank you.

Ben_Copeland 20th September 2012 02:00 PM

I've just been asked by someone else so have your answer.

Internal Heights at the back it's 264mm at the front it's 203mm I would allow another 4mm for the thickness of fiberglass on the side panels on top of the metal rail.

voucht 20th September 2012 08:32 PM

Excellent Ben, thank you so much. I check if it is OK as soon as the engine is in the car :)

Ben_Copeland 20th September 2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voucht (Post 78249)
Excellent Ben, thank you so much. I check if it is OK as soon as the engine is in the car :)

Theres a large vent bonnet on its way which would give a little more space too :D

jps 24th September 2012 02:53 PM

I'm certainly interested in a bulk buy for bodywork - when do you need firm yes/no by?

Ben_Copeland 24th September 2012 03:02 PM

As soon as really, but i have a already past on a few to Dave, so will be good to get another couple sets ordered if possible this week.

What sort of time frame are you thinking?

jps 25th September 2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_Copeland (Post 78390)
As soon as really, but i have a already past on a few to Dave, so will be good to get another couple sets ordered if possible this week.

What sort of time frame are you thinking?

Hmm - agonising. I am nowhere near fitting bodywork - but seems like a good deal!!! I thought about it and I'll have to pass, I am not sure where I'd store the panels at the moment and I think i'll be at least 6 months (and lots of moving stuff round in the garage) before I am anywhere near fitting any bodywork... Don't want to buy it at a bargain price then end up damaging it in the next few months whilst it's piled up waiting to be fitted...

Ben_Copeland 27th September 2012 07:35 AM

UPDATE : Daves extended the vat off to other parts like dash, seats, aeroscreen, boot panel and box if bought with 10 piece.

Ben_Copeland 11th October 2012 04:22 PM

One for Stew: your Bodywork should be done by Monday I believe.

stew 11th October 2012 08:27 PM

great stuff!! :)

Ben_Copeland 12th October 2012 08:18 PM

First Nosecone out of the mould.

robo 12th October 2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_Copeland (Post 79079)

First Nosecone out of the mould.

Cheryl Cole:) :)

Bob

K4KEV 12th October 2012 09:10 PM

whats the zombie reflection at the left side of the aperture:eek: :eek:

Ben_Copeland 12th October 2012 09:21 PM

[quote=K4KEV;79084]whats the zombie reflection at the left side of the aperture[quote]

That bit gets cut out anyway, so not to worry :D ;) :p

robo 16th October 2012 08:12 AM

Any chance of a piccy for the seats???

bob

Ben_Copeland 16th October 2012 10:34 AM

Sent you a PM, finished pictures available end of the week hopefully but sent you a work in progress pic.

stew 18th October 2012 01:00 PM

just wanted to say looks stunning in the flesh ben!! one or two tiny scratches but will hopefully polish out just fine. cant really praise this kit enough, equinox does a great job indeed, looks spot on in every way. just need to get my finger out and get on with the rest of the car now!!! haha

Ben_Copeland 18th October 2012 04:24 PM

Excellent. Hope it all goes together smoothly. You'll notice all the little touches he's added to make it all come together nicely, like putting a curve on the side panels at the front to match the nose come etc.

I relayed your message and he says if there's any issues just let us know and he'll sort it.

MarkB 19th October 2012 10:27 AM

Ummm all look the same don't they.......:D

robo 21st October 2012 11:33 AM

They might all look the same but the quality varies a great deal. With a bit of luck I might get to see some of the equinox stuff next week. Seeing is believing:)

Bob

Ben_Copeland 21st October 2012 12:17 PM

It is top quality kit should have mine shortly and I shall be filling a thread with pictures :)

alga 21st October 2012 04:56 PM

Some photos of edges, flanges and interior surfaces, too, please :)

Ben_Copeland 22nd October 2012 08:56 PM

Equinox has set up a facebook page if people can like it please :) Equinox Products

http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts :D

stew 23rd October 2012 09:52 PM

Liked :) :)

Ben_Copeland 25th October 2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo (Post 79394)
They might all look the same but the quality varies a great deal. With a bit of luck I might get to see some of the equinox stuff next week. Seeing is believing:)

Bob

Did you get to see a set?

robo 26th October 2012 10:18 AM

No I am trying to collect some bits I bought on the bay of thieves which is close to dave but am having trouble nailing the guy to the floor. I think the stuff went to cheap and he would sooner i gave up [ not gonna happen:) ]
So I am hopeing to get down there next week and will take a deposit with me or is that to be done through you:confused:

Bob

Ben_Copeland 26th October 2012 10:41 AM

Ok. No you can go straight to Dave you want, but he'll want full payment when you order.

Ben_Copeland 24th November 2012 10:29 AM

Offer Is Now Finished