Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Roadster racing (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2267)

Jezzer99 6th July 2009 12:47 PM

Roadster racing

I know there's been some discussion about this before, but are there any new plans on a series dedicated to Roadsters?

deezee 6th July 2009 02:01 PM

Its pretty unlikely. There are only 8ish cars on the road. Each one more unique than the last :D It would be pretty hard to homologate those. I don't think anyone has even come up with anything resembling a specification to pass the scrutineers. The best you could hope for are some loose classes based on power, weight and after market parts and have a trackday.

Chris Gibbs 6th July 2009 02:18 PM

Ask the 750 Motor Club, the more requests they get the better :)

It might be possible to enter the "Kit car" class

Cheers

Chris:)

HandyAndy 6th July 2009 02:23 PM

I,d be up for a bit of racing :D :D tho the engine might have other idea,s :eek:

andy

Jezzer99 6th July 2009 04:09 PM

Would be kind of cool to have a "modified" series and "unmodified" - unmodified being that it must come from the donor car so you're limited to Pinto, CVH or the V6 engines and modified would be do whatever you like. :D

HandyAndy 6th July 2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezzer99 (Post 17420)
Would be kind of cool to have a "modified" series and "unmodified" - unmodified being that it must come from the donor car so you're limited to Pinto, CVH or the V6 engines and modified would be do whatever you like.

if i use my donor engine............

are you allowed to be towed by a V6 engined car???? :D :D
it,d be great to learn the circuits driving a car, i,ve done most circuits racing a bike :eek: ;)

andy

Jezzer99 20th July 2009 02:50 PM

So I mailed the 750MC - looks like it's unlikely that the Locost series will be extended to the Haynes Roadster in the near furture :( More likely to see changes to the Ron Champion book spec (like engine and gearbox) apparantly...

fabbyglass 20th July 2009 03:12 PM

Ummmm enter the Kit Car class on mass then they have to offer a Roadster series then ..............:D

I'm up for this racing malarky cos that means plenty bit smashed bodywork...:cool: And maybe the chance of doing the 'glass in "race weight";)

bozla 16th August 2009 05:00 AM

Wouldn't it be possible to race in the 'all comers' class of the 750MC?

fabbyglass 16th August 2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozla (Post 20186)
Wouldn't it be possible to race in the 'all comers' class of the 750MC?

No problem as long as the car is built to the msa regs for the series, there has been a few sva'd now so that helps with the entry of the Roadster. The RGB lets you run "prototypes" if you like but might have changed.