Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

alga 14th July 2013 10:42 PM

Wow, the carpet makes such a difference to the look of the car! I love your colour scheme, classic.

Stot 16th July 2013 08:31 PM

Thanks Alga, Its coming together as I had imagined it. Even managed to nab a nice 12.5" wooden steering wheel on ebay for post IVA. :cool:

However, the 'time off work' onslaught continues. I stripped this lot out of my loom.

Fitted the scuttle upper and bulkhead in too. I have made them both removable held on with rivnuts.

It even turned over, some fuel and the AFM and it may even start!

Cheers
Stot

Stot 17th July 2013 03:59 PM

Positioned one of the headlights and front clams today. Dont think this will get through IVA.

I wouldn't be able to move them any further forward as you can see and the wing only just gets to 30 degree forward at its tip so not covering the full tread width.

If any kind soul wants to lend me a pair of cycle wings and brackets for my test when I eventually book it let me know.

Cheers
Stot

Enoch 18th July 2013 10:17 PM

You, Sir are a genius. That car is looking well sweet.:)

Stot 19th July 2013 09:31 PM

Thanks Enoch.

Took another look at my wings, I realised I need to leave room for the silencer.

I raised the headlights up an inch and a half I can get a better angle on the wing with room for the silencer to the point where I believe it should be able to pass IVA.

Cut my dash center panel too.

I may end up with a standard MX5 dash for IVA and put this on afterwards because of possible radius issues around the edges unless I can come up with something.

Cheers
Stot

CTWV50 19th July 2013 09:55 PM

Mmm, I'm not sure but this guy might be able to help you out...

Stot 19th July 2013 10:03 PM

He said to put the car in one of these for IVA and all radius issues are solved.

Cheers
Stot

CTWV50 19th July 2013 10:09 PM

Haha, like the dash by the way, looks very OEM!

rpjg1975 20th July 2013 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you cover your mdf in sleepmat but continue the sleepmat round the edge and fix to rear making a soft edge you can eliminate the radius problem :D

Attachment 1702

This is my second attempt at my dash, think I have it so I like it now :eek:

Russ

Stot 20th July 2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpjg1975 (Post 91872)
If you cover your mdf in sleepmat but continue the sleepmat round the edge and fix to rear making a soft edge you can eliminate the radius problem :D

Attachment 1702

This is my second attempt at my dash, think I have it so I like it now :eek:

Russ

Hi Russ,

That will work for the main edges, but the way my dials are mounted I wont be able to do that round the edges of the dials as it would end up too 'plump'.

I may do it how I plan and put a perspex cover over the dials. Or I may be able to use Kevs idea and do rings of copper tubing as bezzels to give a radius.

Cheers
Stot