Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 12th October 2013 08:41 PM

I cut the badge today. Had an issue with it moving on the last cuts so its a bit funny at the right of the 7 and top of the S but nothing major.

Freshly cut.

Painted and polished.

Unfortunately its too small for the back of the car. It needs to be almost twice the size to suit really so maybe ill put it on my dashboard.

Stot 12th October 2013 08:47 PM

All my engine bay and front lights wiring is in place now too and zip tied to the chassis rails.

Ive trimmed up my nosecone grille too, looks like the nosecone has a slight twist in it to me too as the top is level in this pic but the grille hole seems to be lower on the left.

Still I couldn't have made that part better myself. :D

Cheers
Stot

K4KEV 12th October 2013 11:33 PM

looking real good Stot reeeeaal good.....looks like a candidate for spring finish:D keep it up dude

twinturbo 13th October 2013 08:54 AM

VERRRY NICE! Yet again.

Stot 13th October 2013 01:14 PM

Cheers guys.

Kev I'm aiming for early December purely because I have some time off then so it would be good to get the IVA done then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport
I like the metal badge very nice is it ali and did you sit there and watch it the whole time or wonder off and read 'war and peace' during the run?

I made it from some 1.2mm aluminium sheet I had left over and I stood and watched it squirting it with WD40 every now and then for 1 hour 16mins.. :eek:

I made its big brother today.

This one is 1.5mm sheet and should be a better fit for the back. The tool paths on this one were simpler so I don't have such sharp points where the lines meet but as its bigger they don't need to be as sharp to look good. This cut the machining time down to 1 hour 6 mins for something thats twice the size. I just need some more paint to finish it.

Cheers
Stot

Johno 13th October 2013 06:27 PM

Some very nice work there indeed buddy....:cool: :cool:
I'm guessing with a bit of tweaking you can get the twist out of that nosecone fairly easily.....some strategically hidden packing...:D
Keep up the good work Stot and looking forward to your next instalment...;)

Stot 19th October 2013 02:27 PM

I welded my chassis number in this week. Really should have done this before I painted the chassis!

And I bought some jaguar style grille. Needed a nice way of mounting it so I cut some aluminium tabs to be fiberglassed in. They have rivnuts in the end for the grill to screw on to.

Ill finish the edges of the grilles with some chrome U trim to give it a fitted look. :cool:

Cheers
Stot

twinturbo 19th October 2013 03:38 PM

Could you try and do a sh.t job of something to make us all feel better :o

TT

Stot 20th October 2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 94102)
Could you try and do a sh.t job of something to make us all feel better TT

Ill try TT! I'm sure my IVA fail sheet will be something to behold so don't worry......

However in the mean time, I made some lock stops for my steering rack.

The step in them is to sit over the threaded end part.

They are sized to match the original knuckle so slip inside the tube this end as needed.

Cheers
Stot

ayjay 20th October 2013 09:18 PM

You have just reminded me that I need lock stops on my car. i may just fit jubilee clips for now:rolleyes:
just as matter of interest it passed IVA with front cycle wings touching the headlamps at full lock. They checked it with me in the car and when I was asked to move the steering from lock to lock I suddenly remembered . I made it look as if it had reached the end of its lock and no one seemed any the wiser:o :D