Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 24th March 2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 96410)
....looking forward to seeing those shiny ex wheel covers as cycle wings.

Thanks Kev, I did the wheel arches back here.

They are pretty good but I cant wait to take them off and put the clams on.

Cheers
Stot

carlknight1982 24th March 2014 09:30 PM

Love the build stot

Can I ask where you got the glass for your windscreen and the Chanel?
I'm thinking of trying to fit one to my roadster

Stot 24th March 2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlknight1982 (Post 96414)
Love the build stot

Can I ask where you got the glass for your windscreen and the Chanel?
I'm thinking of trying to fit one to my roadster

Thanks Carl,

Glass I haven't got yet but have the phone number of a guy who cuts Defender windscreens to shape keeping the relevant markings visible.

The channel and rubbers I ended up getting from an engineering company not too far away from us here but I collected from a pub in Letchworth in the end as the guy was having dinner there!

Edit: Actually the people who supply the windscreen may have the channel too.

Quote:

Wigan aluminium in Rossendale Lancashire 01706822993 ask for Peter they make windows for all kinds of classic cars wagons caravans etc etc google the company gives all the details on web page
Cheers
Stot

rpjg1975 25th March 2014 11:57 AM

I picked up an ex robin hood screen, toughened etc with kite marks off the bay of thieves. Is close to scuttle profile but with some ingenuity I think it will work. At £25 it was a no brainer to try anyway :D

Russ

Stot 25th March 2014 09:02 PM

I have been making gearstick and handbrake gaiters today. Some day I may remake the top of the trans tunnel so the holes are dead center to the gearstick etc but in the mean time I needed to find a way to mount the gaiter surrounds.

I ended up putting rivnuts into some thick card, punching through the carpet and using epoxy to glue the whole lot to the back of the carpet so I now have nuts in the carpet. (sounds like something from Kama Sutra)

Ill machine the surrounds from aluminium to finish.

Cheers
Stot

Stot 29th March 2014 12:16 PM

Gaiters are in place and work great. I also made up a covered rear panel for the tub.

The filler bracket will be covered red too. :cool:

Cheers
Stot

j.brownster79 29th March 2014 04:57 PM

looking a nice build there! wont be long now before your having the wind in your hair and fly's in your eyes

Stot 3rd April 2014 10:41 PM

Picked up some COPs a while back and got around to looming them up tonight. Just need to get a 10000uF cap to solder in and it should be plug and play.

Saves me having to mount the huge coilpack on the back of my shiney cam cover. :cool:

Cheers
Stot

Stot 5th April 2014 06:11 PM

Hi All,

I got my COP finished and fitted along with the rocker cover today, I left out the capacitor as many people said you don't really need it.

I need to make a bracket to hold down the coils but it all works wonderfully.

Also fitted my front indicators which was the last electrical thing I had on my list.

Click the image for a quick walk round video.

Cheers
Stot

K4KEV 5th April 2014 06:34 PM

Well done Andy....that is one exceptional looking roadster, it just looks the dogs in every respect... its amazing how a nice rocker cover sets off the look of an engine as yours does, I was not sure about the wheels at first, but now....they just look...."right"....testament to your judgement, now get that IVA.;)