Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 6th June 2014 01:25 PM

I'm pretty sure thats in the exempt area within the wishbones. Figure 5 on page 135 of the current IVA manual.

Cheers
Stot

Davidbolam 6th June 2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriesLandy (Post 97256)
It's also worth applying for the v55/5 form online as it takes 2 weeks to arrive and you can't just print it off.

Is is definately a V55/5 form.. there is also a V55/4 form which looks more appropriate?

David

Stot 18th June 2014 04:03 PM

Got my IVA date now, 8th July first thing.

Car is pretty much there now, I'm going to make a new handbrake cable but other than that its pretty much ready for the test.

It self centres, fronts lock before the rears. fuel tank earthed, new oils all round. Doesnt over heat. I havent cut myself on it in a number of weeks... What else could there be? :eek:

Cheers
Stot

Numplumb 18th June 2014 05:08 PM

Good luck should be no problem with your build the only thing I would worry about on your build is the front side repeaters there is some rule about seeing them with the main indicator at some angle don't know what I haven't got that far.
Regards Mick.

SeriesLandy 18th June 2014 05:09 PM

Good luck with the test, i can't really see anything worrying. Have you got rear reflectors?
Other than that take some tools and trim ect. My tester made me take harness bolt off so he could check depth.
He also wanted to see docs for the braided brake lines but said the website where I bought them was good enough.

K4KEV 18th June 2014 05:15 PM

Andy ....I think you might need to check the angle of visibility on your cycle wing mounted indicators specifically when on full lock right or left as if you were say turning left at a T junction traffic approaching you from the right might not see your left front indy .....just a thought bud.

Stot 18th June 2014 05:48 PM

Got reflectors in the middle of the taillight units. Ill check the angles but I think I read that the angles of visibility are tested with the wheels straight ahead. They do nipple out so should be somewhat visible.

My harness bolts go all the way through my roll bar and you can get to the ends. The lower ones can bee seen up the tranny tunnel or by pulling my side panels back a tad so hopefully I wont be taking too much out!

Cheers
Stot

j.brownster79 18th June 2014 09:09 PM

Good luck stot fingers crossed I'm sure after following your build your have no probs can't wait till it's my day!!!!! Got my chassis number the other day whoop whoop!!!!

Stot 18th June 2014 09:24 PM

Checked the angles.

There is a set square on the floor with a piece of angle at 45 degrees. From there from the floor the indicator is clearly visible.

Even at about 20 degrees you can still see it so I think it should be good!

Cheers
Stot

K4KEV 19th June 2014 12:34 AM

Yep I agree and reckon you are ok