Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 28th June 2014 10:30 PM

It is but it was made into a trailer a yonk ago. New trailers are supposed to be IVAed now. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Stot

Stot 29th June 2014 08:24 PM

Some of you may remember me promoting wearing eye protection when grinding when I posted a pic my eye ball with a metal shard in it. Well I was wearing eye protection this time when the 0.8mm blade shattered,

like a hammer to the face. :eek:

I converted an old welding mask after that.

Cheers
Stot

thailoz 29th June 2014 10:33 PM

ouch !!!! glad you are ok .we do tend to take H&S a bit lightly when working on our projects but that shows you how easly it can bite you back.

full face sheild looks to be on the cards for me:o

CTWV50 30th June 2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 97717)
It is but it was made into a trailer a yonk ago. New trailers are supposed to be IVAed now. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Stot

Typical, I'll forget that idea then.:rolleyes:

StruveD 30th June 2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 97727)
Some of you may remember me promoting wearing eye protection when grinding when I posted a pic my eye ball with a metal shard in it. Well I was wearing eye protection this time when the 0.8mm blade shattered,

like a hammer to the face. :eek:

I converted an old welding mask after that.

Cheers
Stot

I would like to further add to the safety list, that if you are using a hole saw to cut through sheet steel, and said sheet steel is a crotch level... be sure to properly secure the steel from spinning. Sliced through shorts, underpants, thigh skin, and received a firm knock to the plums. After seeing my leg I wasn't sure what I was going to find in the gentleman's region.

flyerncle 30th June 2014 09:09 PM

Ahmen to that,had an 8in disc blow up on me once, luckily had full face mask hat and gloves on but still made me nearly incontinent.

Be carefull out there.

Stot 30th June 2014 09:21 PM

Well at least it wasnt in vain.

Cheers
Stot

robo 1st July 2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StruveD (Post 97750)
I would like to further add to the safety list, that if you are using a hole saw to cut through sheet steel, and said sheet steel is a crotch level... be sure to properly secure the steel from spinning. Sliced through shorts, underpants, thigh skin, and received a firm knock to the plums. After seeing my leg I wasn't sure what I was going to find in the gentleman's region.

We all get a bit complacent with grinders. A friend of mine was wearing goggles and overalls while grinding when a blade gave up and it tore the top off his knuckle. Leather gloves are also a must.

Bob

Stot 1st July 2014 07:44 PM

We never listen though, even to ourselves. :rolleyes:

On the trailer, I just weighed trailer with car all strapped down and it comes in at 902kg including the ramps and has 82kg on the nose as loaded. :D Well happy.

Cheers
Stot

Stot 8th July 2014 12:30 PM

Well I'm just back from the IVA and...... I have a small list of things to do. :rolleyes:

There were a few nuts that I had forgotten to re-tighten by the end like the adjusters on the caliper end of the handbrakes but the main fail points were

Radius on the front and side repeaters.
Radius on the top of the front shocks
headrest height in its lowest position is too low.
Air filter needs securing.

Everything else they liked. Retest on 23rd. Not a bad one really, a weekend of work.

Cheers
Stot