Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 27th March 2015 07:42 PM

Another play with DashWare

Took a Megasquirt log this time so I can show boost,rpm etc.

Cheers
Stot

metal matt 27th March 2015 08:59 PM

Nice morning drive can't wait to get mine on the road. Iv now got my engine running this week and that put a big cheesy smile on my face :D

CTWV50 28th March 2015 11:13 AM

I like the telemetry setup. How reliable do you find the megasquirt ECU.

Stot 28th March 2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTWV50 (Post 100210)
I like the telemetry setup. How reliable do you find the megasquirt ECU.

I haven't had any issues with the Megasquirt. The one I have is a microSquirt SMD cased version so there is little to go wrong with it really and it controls all I need it to at the moment.

I find it pretty easy to navigate Tunerstudio and that log there was actually taken with my Android phone and ShadowDash. Gotta love it.

Cheers
Stot

CTWV50 31st March 2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 100214)
I haven't had any issues with the Megasquirt. The one I have is a microSquirt SMD cased version so there is little to go wrong with it really and it controls all I need it to at the moment.

I find it pretty easy to navigate Tunerstudio and that log there was actually taken with my Android phone and ShadowDash. Gotta love it.

Cheers
Stot

Good to here, might try getting my engine running on an aftermarket ecu as NA before possibly turbo charging.

CTWV50 13th April 2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 99499)
As for the flywheel I found that most 1.8 flywheels are 9kg. 1.6 is 8.4kg however the 2003/MK2.5 1.8 is only 7.6kg so looks like this one may be lighter than my standard to boot.

Cheers
Stot

I'm playing around with this 1.8 engine I have while I wait for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn and I'd like to fit a lighter flywheel now while the engine is apart. How did you find out about the lighter mk2.5 flywheel and did you weigh it when it arrived? Was it lighter?

Cheers
Chris

Stot 13th April 2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTWV50 (Post 100357)
I'm playing around with this 1.8 engine I have while I wait for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn and I'd like to fit a lighter flywheel now while the engine is apart. How did you find out about the lighter mk2.5 flywheel and did you weigh it when it arrived? Was it lighter?

Cheers
Chris

I read on here about it being 7.6kg as standard. I didnt set out to buy a specifically lighter one so I didnt bother weighing it when it got here, I just wanted one that didnt slip like greased up deaf guy.

Cheers
Stot

Stot 22nd April 2015 09:11 AM

Theres never any room for luggage in these cars...

And yes I drove 20 miles home with him...

Cheers
Stot

TheArf 22nd April 2015 09:26 AM

That is awesome

rpjg1975 22nd April 2015 02:30 PM

As if it doesn't attract enough attention! :eek: