Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Roadster Owners Club (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4115)

HandyAndy 18th April 2010 09:40 AM

Ginge............. A good suggestion regarding the club name , maybe if we get permission from Haynes to use the brand name maybe we could call it "Haynes Roadster Builders Club"....

Davey..... also some good points raised, PDF files etc .........

lets get a few more members input then maybe we can put together a list of possible club names & a list of members wishing to be involved in the running of it & then the forum membership can cast votes via a thread poll.

Now where is that forum member that has a related domain name at the ready ???? :D :D

thanks for the input guys....

cheers
andy

twinturbo 18th April 2010 09:48 AM

The only problem I forsee is "theclub" wanting a forum it can control.

Funding the club could be helped with advertising revenue, but a none forum website is unlikly to generate huge traffic and click revenue.

I could host a website for nowt, althought my upstream bandwidth is limited. Saves the cost of hosting until the club grows. But don't ask me to design a site ;) . For anyone thinking of doing the design I run a LAMP system. If somoen can make sense of Joomla Sections and Catagories then it's a quick way to a usefull site ( my www.claytune.org.uk site shows the functions and my lack of webskill )

TT

Eternal 18th April 2010 09:56 AM

Sounds good to me! I would be happy to pay a membership as long as its not stupid money! Like twinturbo said only problem i can see is the forum control issue. I still think it would be a great idea to have a Build directory on this forum and loads seem to agree but nothing done maby i should chase that up a bit lol

HandyAndy 18th April 2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 36410)
The only problem I forsee is "theclub" wanting a forum it can control.

TT

I understand your thoughts TT, but this where we can be unique, we already have a fantastic forum hosted by Haynes........

My suggestion for a "Club" is to generate awareness to folk who haven,t found this forum, not to rival it......
Just so we can have contact info etc alongside all other known "Owners clubs" in national & international publications, as the more awareness of this forum & the Haynes concept of building a sports car can hopefully generate more builders & in the long run be better for the "Marque".

cheers
andy

twinturbo 18th April 2010 10:10 AM

There is lots we can have on a site mind.

Cherry picking forum articles and formating them to suite.

TT

flyerncle 18th April 2010 10:11 AM

Sorry for late input,fitting bathroom rather than building car.

Ace idea Andy I am all for it.

twinturbo 18th April 2010 10:12 AM

So...

Who want's to aproach Chirs, I think he would be best placed to speek with Haynes regards usage of the name and logo.

I guess we can help them by backlinking to their online store.

TT

twinturbo 18th April 2010 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quick Logo.....

AshG 18th April 2010 10:58 AM

tt i registered loads of the possibe domain names last year from memory i think roc is one of them. So that part is already done. Chris andy and i had this discussion at stoneleigh last year.

gingea1pom 18th April 2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 36417)
Quick Logo.....

TT,

YES YES.

As I have mentioned before I think the BUILD aspect is the important bit.

Nice one.

I have saved it and can make my own club of one now!:D

Cheers Ginge