Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Engine/transmission (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2.0 DOHC flyweel (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7471)

leroybrown911 27th November 2011 06:57 PM

2.0 DOHC flyweel

Hi chaps

Not sure if anyone is interested but my downfall may be your gain. In my haste to get my engine/gearbox mated I had the flywheel out of my 2.0DOHC (I4) refaced and lightened by taking some material of front and rear faces.
I then realised my zetec/bike carbs/ecu set up will need a crank position sensor. This means I need a zetec flywheel/clutch and the one out of my sierra that I have had lightened is useless to me.

Obviously it is still heavy so it is best if picked up by yourself (free brew, nosey at my chassis, and alot of talking roadster free of charge!) But will post if needed.

PM me if interested and you are building an I4 roadster.

Cheers

Twin 28th November 2011 08:42 AM

Yes please Leroy, I'll bring the biscuits :D

TheArf 28th November 2011 01:02 PM

Think you must have shares in a biscuit factory twin, keep an eye on him leeroy he,s from over the border remember

Arfon

Twin 28th November 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheArf (Post 68383)
Think you must have shares in a biscuit factory twin, keep an eye on him leeroy he,s from over the border remember

Arfon

Cheeky monkey! ;)

mark 28th November 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroybrown911 (Post 68348)
Hi chaps

Not sure if anyone is interested but my downfall may be your gain. In my haste to get my engine/gearbox mated I had the flywheel out of my 2.0DOHC (I4) refaced and lightened by taking some material of front and rear faces.
I then realised my zetec/bike carbs/ecu set up will need a crank position sensor. This means I need a zetec flywheel/clutch and the one out of my sierra that I have had lightened is useless to me.

Obviously it is still heavy so it is best if picked up by yourself (free brew, nosey at my chassis, and alot of talking roadster free of charge!) But will post if needed.

PM me if interested and you are building an I4 roadster.

Cheers

Or attach a trigger wheel to your bottom pulley

leroybrown911 28th November 2011 07:27 PM

Twin PM sent!

Mark
Yes I had a mate who suggested the same solution. Thought it might be cleaner and simpler to stick with the original idea and crank sensor. But if I cannot raise a few quid by getting rid of my old one for a zetec flywheel I might go with it. Zetec flywheels are not expensive, and I need a new clutch anyway.

It cost me £30 qid to have it machined, so if I can get somewhere near that I will be able to get my zetec flywheel!

Cheers
Leigh

mark 28th November 2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroybrown911 (Post 68409)
Twin PM sent!

Mark
Yes I had a mate who suggested the same solution. Thought it might be cleaner and simpler to stick with the original idea and crank sensor. But if I cannot raise a few quid by getting rid of my old one for a zetec flywheel I might go with it. Zetec flywheels are not expensive, and I need a new clutch anyway.

It cost me £30 qid to have it machined, so if I can get somewhere near that I will be able to get my zetec flywheel!

Cheers
Leigh

You are right on that one, much neater/simpler installation using a flywheel that does the job for you

ayjay 28th November 2011 08:09 PM

PM me please Leigh if youre around on your build this week .I could do with getting the bike out for a blast before the salt goes down:)

Twin 4th December 2011 06:44 PM

Thanx for the cuppa Leigh

Ooops! & the flywheel ;)

leroybrown911 5th December 2011 09:57 PM

No worries Twin, nice to meet you, hope to meet again soon!

Cheers