Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eternal's Straight 6 Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4468)

Eternal 17th June 2010 01:30 PM

Right here is the setup im doing for the mill.

X3 Small mill

Just picked these up from Parcel Farce had to pay them over 25quid in handling grrr + customs. It took them longer to move it from customs to Dorset than it took from the factory(usa) to england. oh well heh
Geckodrive G540, 2x Keling KL23H2100-35-4B 381 oz motors for X and Y, 1x Keling KL34H295-43-8A 906 oz N34 motor for Z and 1x Keling KL-350-48 48V/7.3A PSU.

Will be getting the cncfusion delux kit when i got the stand and liquid cooling ready.

davidimurray 17th June 2010 02:43 PM

That's a nice setup - I got some very similar motorsfrom Keling and a similar PSU secondhand in the UK. Geckos are great bits of kit. I've alos got a touchscreen on mine which is brilliant - bought it for £9 as the glass unit and just glued it to the front of my monitor.

I recently added coolant on mine - thought these proper setups were a bit expensive so I bought a pond pump, a plastic box, some funnels and some hose and got the system going for £30 - then spent another £20 on proper locline for the hose. Works like a dream so far :D

Eternal 18th June 2010 04:28 PM

Just got a phone call from the director of kit car type stuff from the Bournemouth DVLA had a nice long chat and he gave me his personal number. He confirmed that i can used the steering colum and axle along with a unwelded chassis kit from saturn to get a age related plate. Also he is sending me a load of forms/info. Unfortunatly due to current rules ect i cant get a custom vin but will be issued with a dvla one instead. No big deal what i really care about is a non Q. Real nice chap and he will be the one to inspect the car as well. So yeah fantastic news :D

Eternal 20th June 2010 10:13 AM

Took a picture of the engine i will be using. My word its large heh going to have some fun making a custom front inlet plenum as well. :D

twinturbo 20th June 2010 10:50 AM

Got to love a straigh6 though...

My usual choice of Propultion is a V6, wish I had gone with one on the galaxy rather than the 4pot.

TT

Eternal 20th June 2010 02:50 PM

bugger! had a look under the engine just to see whats what and i have the RB26DETT GTR sump :eek: its solid ally and huge lol

rb25det rwd tin sump

rb26dett gtr sump/dif single cast.

Any ideas what i should do?

Edit: ohh this is a cool idea

Eternal 20th June 2010 05:06 PM

hah if i made the roadster left hand drive i could probably keep it 4wd haha

bobbyh 21st June 2010 12:18 PM

sounds tempting. :D

twinturbo 21st June 2010 02:48 PM

Get a steel sump pan.

TT

twinturbo 21st June 2010 02:49 PM

I am amazed they cast the diff housing into the sump, sierra ones bolt on.

TT