Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Talon to close (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12534)

Talonmotorsport 2nd March 2013 10:31 PM

Talon to close

Since 2009 I have run Talon as a business building a reputation for the parts I manufacture and even managed to pay some bills through some of the sales that I have made. How ever since before Christmas I have got myself in to a hole that I'm having trouble digging my way out of, Talon as a business is no longer viable as my only source of income. Next week I am returning to a job I walked away from 10 years ago to clock in as a sheet metal worker/fabricator.
Talon will be run on more of a hobby basis for the next 6 months or so untill I have paid off enough of my debts to reinvest in materials and new products (hopefully!)

twinturbo 3rd March 2013 08:25 AM

Sorry to hear that Phil, but your doing the sensible thing. Glad you have found employment though to tide you over and it may perhaps open new avenues.

Hope your going to stay around here.

TT

Talonmotorsport 3rd March 2013 09:06 AM

I'll still be poking my nose in here and I'll still be making Roadster parts to order but the delivery times could be three times as long. I have a lot of parts that I want to produce for the roadster but I don't have enough cash flow to pay the bills and invest in the materials to develop them.
It's not like I need a lot of money to do it either:
standard Roadster chassis with mx5 runing gear to take pics of £150
MX5 fabricated rear diff cover mounting plates to put in to production £200
material for 3 different types of body work and moulds £500-700
removable hard top with doors to suit one of the above £300-500
fibreglass seat moulds £200
wind screen prototype first off £300
rag top and side screens to suit wind screen £300
and the list goes on and on which includes 3 other car projects.

Maybe I should start a forum donation campaign sod saving a kid in Africa send me £25 a month and receive a 25% discount on all your future purchases and a cuddly eagle toy. terms and conditions apply all ways read the small print blah blah blah :rolleyes: :eek:

Edit: for those that have noticed the person using my old ebay pics and the pics of the wishbones shown on a concrete floor , don't worry it's my floor and my wife's ebay accounts.

K4KEV 3rd March 2013 09:31 AM

good luck Phil....glad to see you are not writing off TM completely

alga 3rd March 2013 10:33 AM

That's sad news, Phil. I hope your plan will work out and we'll still see you as a thriving premier supplier of all things Roadster.

Stot 3rd March 2013 11:09 AM

Sorry to hear that Phil. Hope you come good with the MX5 project it sounds great.

Cheers
Stot

tkpm 3rd March 2013 10:26 PM

Good luck for the future Phil

Terry

Not Anumber 4th March 2013 04:04 PM

Phil, its a relief to hear you are taking on a job and not walking away from Talon. I hope it goes well combining the two and that you can get those projects into the metal and producing a return.

will_08 4th March 2013 05:09 PM

Good luck Phil, i hope everything works out for you :)

Johno 4th March 2013 08:21 PM

I'm glad to hear you'll still be sticking your nose in Phil....:)
I guess some pressure will be off you now and you can return to it as a hobby again.

Good luck for the future...