Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Complete pedal boxes. (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1886)

3GE Components 1st May 2009 04:27 PM

Complete pedal boxes.

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you who have been asking, here is a picture of the complete pedal box, these will be added to the website shortly.

They feature 'oilite' bushes so they are maintanance free for their life, no squeaky clutch pedals with these ;) Priced at £78 each, plus VAT & Delivery, these can be powdercoated in any colour combination you like for an extra £12. ( Yes Mark, pink pedals on a black back panels can be done :D )

Kind regards

John

RAYLEE29 1st May 2009 04:36 PM

so glad you havent drilled loads of holes in your pedals!!! lol:)

flyerncle 1st May 2009 04:51 PM

Pink and Diamonte studded John.....

3GE Components 1st May 2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 13769)
Pink and Diamonte studded John.....

Is that to add grip to the pedals?

Regards

John

flyerncle 1st May 2009 05:12 PM

Not at all,Just to keep Fabby happy !

Although grippy surface is a requirement.

I sent you an e-mail John,if possible can it be done with twin cylinders too.

Bonzo 1st May 2009 05:52 PM

Looking good John :cool:

What's wrong with Pink !! :D :D

SeriesLandy 1st May 2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianH (Post 13777)
John;

Just a comment if I may? Sod it I will anyway!

I made a mistake in assembling the pedal box and welding it all up before I offered up the master cylinder and only then realized i had to enlarge the hole to something like 29 mm.

The fact I had all the pedal brackets welded in place was a major pain when it can to holding the box on my mill and drilling the large hole.

It is only a suggestion that people specify the hole size to suit their master cylinder and for a few extra £'s you drill that for them, then weld it all up.

Just a thought.

Adrian

I had to do the same, however I hadn't welded up before.
I tacked a bit of angle iron over the hole so I could centre the arbour for the holesaw then filled the original mounting holes with weld.

At the time I thought it was just me so didn't comment.

HandyAndy 1st May 2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianH (Post 13788)
I fabricated up a sort of sky hook on the mill bed with mine, still got it wrong and ended up drilling through a Vee block, I used a large cone cutter.

Sometimes i don't mind posting my build problems if it helps, but sometimes I think to myself DUH that was so stupid keep quiet.

It's all part of the game.

Adrian

Adrian, all info gained from you guys that are ahead of me & no doubt others is greatly welcomed, i,m no engineer or mechanic & sometimes the things being discussed go over top of my head but "ping" when the time comes when i confront the said subject i recall the thread/post & get it clear in my head what i need to do, so thanks for posting the items that you come across that cause a bit of head scratching, i assure you its helping me.:) :cool:
cheers
andy

HandyAndy 1st May 2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianH (Post 13792)
I think you will find a few of mine on from time to time Screw ups that is!

Cheers

Adrian

i,d call them "challenges" , but hey thats what its all about innit? ;) :)
cheers
andy

flyerncle 2nd May 2009 10:00 AM

Learning curve that forgot to stop and turned into a circle more like.