Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   July COMPLETE KIT CAR MAG (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2149)

AshG 18th June 2009 05:16 PM

Im in July COMPLETE KIT CAR MAG :D

EVERYONE BUY IT! Im in it page 52 :D :D :D

you guessed it! talking about building a haynes roadster :D

fabbyglass 18th June 2009 05:31 PM

No free copies then.........:D

AshG 18th June 2009 05:35 PM

i got my free copy :D

adrianreeve 18th June 2009 05:39 PM

Nice one mate, look forward to reading about the build, although I guess I could just come round!

Cheers

Adrian

AshG 18th June 2009 08:45 PM

your welcome to pop round any time mate. i have had confirmation that i will be writing monthly update articles on building a haynes roadster from beginning to end. it can't ever be 100% comprehensive but i will do my best to go over as much as i can.

all feedback on my articles very welcome.

3GE Components 18th June 2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 16367)
i got my free copy :D

So did I :p

I have to say Ash, it's not a bad article at all, the first workshop just goes to show that you can build one of these anywhere.

Regards

John

slimtater 18th June 2009 08:55 PM

Tell em about the plaque Ash!!

HandyAndy 18th June 2009 08:56 PM

my mrs went to buy the mag for me today, she came home with the wrong mag :eek: :mad: i,ll have to wait till tomorrow now,
looking forward to a good read:cool:

andy

Spikehaus 18th June 2009 09:06 PM

So now your build is in the public eye, can we all see it? or is it still exclusive to the magazine?:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 16394)
my mrs went to buy the mag for me today, she came home with the wrong mag :eek: :mad: i,ll have to wait till tomorrow now,
looking forward to a good read:cool:

andy

HandyAndy 18th June 2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 16395)
So now your build is in the public eye, can we all see it? or is it still exclusive to the magazine?

:confused: who,s build is in the public eye ? not mine sadly :o

tho if i can still work out how to post some photos, then sunday will be the day for my build. ;) :D

andy

AshG 18th June 2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 16395)
So now your build is in the public eye, can we all see it? or is it still exclusive to the magazine?:p

its exclusive to the mag for the moment. im sure you can all afford £3.95 especially to see a picture of my lovely mug.

i will start posting picts up at some point but its only fair to let the magazine have them first, especially considering that they a funding some of the build.

any questions that the articles raise i am happy to answer on line for the good of all.

AshG 18th June 2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3GE Components (Post 16392)
So did I :p

I have to say Ash, it's not a bad article at all, the first workshop just goes to show that you can build one of these anywhere.

Regards

John

cheers john. did complete kit car call you or did the magazine just turn up?

Spikehaus 18th June 2009 11:02 PM

Im on gardening leave Ash,:( What so i do?) should i take the one of 2 job offers i had before i quit my old job? :confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 16403)
its exclusive to the mag for the moment. im sure you can all afford £3.95 especially to see a picture of my lovely mug.

i will start posting picts up at some point but its only fair to let the magazine have them first, especially considering that they a funding some of the build.

any questions that the articles raise i am happy to answer on line for the good of all.

Spikehaus 18th June 2009 11:03 PM

Im on gardening leave Ash,:( What so i do?) should i take the one of 2 job offers i had before i quit my old job? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 16403)

Bonzo 18th June 2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 16364)
EVERYONE BUY IT! Im in it page 52 :D

you guessed it! talking about building a haynes roadster :D

Ohhhh Nooo not more expense !!!

Only on the condition that you autograph my copy at Stoneleigh next year or even Exeter if you are going to be there this year !! :D :D

AshG 19th June 2009 09:40 AM

im sure i can do that Ronnie

AshG 19th June 2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 16406)

i would suggest you do, or you may run out of pennies for your build :D

HandyAndy 19th June 2009 05:17 PM

Just got my copy ;) haven,t fully read your article yet but pics look good :cool:
better late than never, getting the mag i mean, but then again i ended up with an extra kit car mag :D :)

cheers
andy

Chris Gibbs 19th June 2009 06:50 PM

Not seen it yet, but well done mate!

Cheers

Chris :)

AshG 19th June 2009 09:10 PM

didnt they send you one? john at 3ge got one somehow :D

Chris Gibbs 19th June 2009 09:17 PM

Nope

I'll probably get one at Newark

Cheers

slimtater 19th June 2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Gibbs (Post 16465)
Nope

I'll probably get one at Newark

Cheers

Will they be discounted? :D

Ash - do you get royalties? If I see you fit an S2000 engine all of a sudden, I will know why!

deezee 20th June 2009 09:07 AM

Woo, picked it up yesterday. Looking good. Oh, if I'm buying the mag and the mag sponsors you. I figure this means I'm sponsoring you indirectly. So as a sponsor, can I have my name on your car? :D :D :D

AshG 20th June 2009 03:16 PM

they dont even give me enough to pay for vinyl stickers :(

HandyAndy 20th June 2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 16488)
they dont even give me enough to pay for vinyl stickers

:D i,m welding mine together, i found that stickers tend to lose their grip when wet !!! :D :D

sorry Ash, couldn,t resist, nice article mate :cool:

andy

slimtater 20th June 2009 07:18 PM

Yeh, good article. Does that mean you are going to keep us waiting with forum updates? ;)

Spikehaus 20th June 2009 07:29 PM

Thanks Ash,

I went to Sainsbury's to do my shopping and pic up the magazine, only total Kitcar, so of down the A38 to the largest Tesco, no joy, back to Plym, Morrison, Nope, various newsagents, nope. Finally I tried to order a copy online. The postcode search said that the only stockist in Plymouth was the Newsagents at the end of my Road and WH Smiths in town!

Still, at least i met a very attractive young lady in my local Newsagents who was well impressed that I brought the only copy they have ever sold! I feel I may be visiting more often. Need I say more! :)

fabbyglass 3rd July 2009 10:39 PM

Ummm not a copy to be found anywhere, which kinda says to me it would be a waste of wedge advertising in it....:rolleyes:

Bonzo 3rd July 2009 10:52 PM

I got my coppy in WH sniffs :D Loads of em in there

A darn decent read too. Well done Ash

I missed out there !!??

If I wasn't so tardy with my build & so stupid :o One of my nephews is a freelance motoring journalist !!??

Hmmm.........Rival series for Total Kit Car :D

Yea, as if that would happen, I can't even get it together to post pictures of my build on the forum. :o

Bonzo 3rd July 2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbyglass (Post 17294)
Ummm not a copy to be found anywhere, which kinda says to me it would be a waste of wedge advertising in it....:rolleyes:

Get Ash to do a feature fitting his GRP pannels on his build down at your place ;) :cool:

Hows that for a free plug :D

HandyAndy 3rd July 2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 17295)
I can't even get it together to post pictures of my build on the forum. :o

Just bring it to Stoneleigh next year & we,ll admire it in the flesh so to speak;) :D

andy

fabbyglass 3rd July 2009 11:06 PM

Sometimes see totalkitcar mag on the shelf but not seen the other one.

Spikehaus 3rd July 2009 11:33 PM

If you log on to the kitcar website, it gives you a postcode search list of your nearest stockist. Only 2 suppliers in plym, but luckily it was tiny shop at the end of my road!

alga 6th July 2009 02:18 PM

Haha, I saw the original post here on the forum, but though it not relevant to me, as I'm not based in the UK. But last week I went to a conference in Birmingham. On my way back home I grabbed a couple of mags at WHSmith at the airport, including the CKC June issue. And so I got Ash's article by accident! Nice article, lots of useful tips. Now I'm tempted to subscribe to the mag to read about the rest of the build.

I have just assembled a build table out of 18 mm OSB and some 2x3" timber I had. The timber was not perfect, so my table has 2-3 mm deviations from flat detectable with a 2 metre straigt edge. Ash's attention to the quality of the table makes me consider rebuilding mine with better timber.