Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Been busy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3984)

Bonzo 29th March 2010 06:47 PM

Been busy

Here's whats been keeping me quiet over the last few days !!

In typical me style .... The job has taken me 10 times longer than I expected it too :o

I have a modded CVH sump I can fit .... May just have a crack at shortening the alloy one though .... How difficult can it be :rolleyes:

One major drawback with a 16v engine .... How long does it take to do anything with the valves !!?? :eek:

Gearbox next !!

slimtater 29th March 2010 07:12 PM

Yours is going to look really nice with all those new and clean bits!

HandyAndy 29th March 2010 08:00 PM

wow Ronnie :cool:

If I,d known you can do such a good job on an engine, I,d have brought mine down to leave with you the other day :D

Looking smart indeed :cool:

cheers
andy

twinturbo 29th March 2010 08:15 PM

Nice!

TT

dogwood 29th March 2010 08:23 PM

Dat's perddy...:D

Blade 29th March 2010 09:49 PM

Nice job ronnie , bet your well pleased with it :D

Bonzo 29th March 2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimtater (Post 35134)
Yours is going to look really nice with all those new and clean bits!

Your not wrong there, time consuming work re-furbing used parts !!

Not gone OTT spending wise on the engine wich was a freebee.

Full gasket set & new head bolts, water pump, timing belt & tensioners .... All degreased & a lick of engine enamel .

Just as well I removed the head .... The rusty water staining I put down to knackered water pump seals, was in fact a minor head gasket leak at the corner of the head. :rolleyes:

Why folk run their cars without anti-freeze/rust inhibitor is a mystery to me :confused:

Once the gearbox is done, I can get the chassis back onto stands & do some of the fun stuff .... Play with some nice sparkling Red bodywork :cool:

AshG 29th March 2010 10:02 PM

come on ronnie if you get your finger out it will be ready for stoneleigh this year :D

less than 5 weeks to go and i am the only one that kept their promise from last year, to finish the car for this year :D

Bonzo 29th March 2010 10:13 PM

I am on course to have the last Roadster off the production line :D :o

Seriously, with the exception of the prop & a new set of tyres, I have all I need to complete the build :)

Just need to put my ass into first gear & get it all fitted to the chassis .... My target is to get the build finished by Christmas ready for IVA early next spring.

That'll give me a couple of months to go over it with a fine tooth comb .... Personally, I cant handle the pressure of a tight timetable to prepare for the IVA :o

AshG 29th March 2010 10:51 PM

neither could i :D

try having a magazine editor on your back for 9months :D got my ass in gear to get the car done though.