Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Bodywork and interior (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Handy Andy's chassis kits (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4234)

les g 7th May 2010 09:05 PM

Handy Andy's chassis kits

For anybody that has not seen the kits Handy Andy is producing, here ar a few pictures of it at stoneleigh.

Very good quality, value for money and at avery reasonable price.

Cheers TJ

Bonzo 7th May 2010 09:09 PM

Cool pictures

Well done TJ :)

That display certainly generated a lot of interest in the Roadster :cool:

Enoch 8th May 2010 09:15 AM

And if you want to see one of the chassis kits put together have a look at www.deepfolly.co.uk cos my car is built with one. They are exceptional value for money, mine went together a treat.
I have no association with Saturn other than being a very happy customer.
I also bought a brake pipe kit from them and a nose cone, I expect to be buying side panels and wheel arches soon.

HandyAndy 8th May 2010 09:30 AM

:o
Thanks for the photos TJ / Les, & the kind words about the kits,

The kit on display did as Ronnie says, created quite alot of interest & I spent most of the time answering questions about building the chassis from "the pile of steel".

Enoch....again , thankyou for your kind words, Im so impressed at the speed of your build, along with your own unique way that you have tackled certain aspects of your build, even tho we all have the same basic chassis format each car is built with individual idea,s so in reality every car is slightly different....can,t wait to see your car finished :cool:

thanks guys
andy

dogwood 8th May 2010 09:45 AM

Andy certainly was a busy boy.
I don't think I see him stop talking the whole weekend.
Mind you, nothing new there then.....:rolleyes:

It seemed even when one of us walked by his display we were ropped into it.
Still, good on ya mate.
I know for sure where my money is going when I start rebuilding again this winter...:cool:

Enoch 8th May 2010 09:49 PM

Hi Andy, I got the engine and box in today, even managed to get the clutch connected up and working. I am now trying to decide what to do next, think I might have a bash at making the inlet manifold or may go for the easier option of the roll bar. Decisions, decisions.
Really struggling with getting ideas together as to how to do the exhaust, a bloke I know has a Caterham exhaust he says he will sell me but it's the manifold bit that I have no idea about. Still - that's half the fun of it, sorting out stuff that's difficult :)

les g 9th May 2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 37800)
Hi Andy, I got the engine and box in today, even managed to get the clutch connected up and working. I am now trying to decide what to do next, think I might have a bash at making the inlet manifold or may go for the easier option of the roll bar. Decisions, decisions.
Really struggling with getting ideas together as to how to do the exhaust, a bloke I know has a Caterham exhaust he says he will sell me but it's the manifold bit that I have no idea about. Still - that's half the fun of it, sorting out stuff that's difficult :)

Enoch search pepper performance on the bay for an exhaust kit
cheers les g

HandyAndy 9th May 2010 04:21 PM

Nice work Enoch, you seem to be making great progress on your build :cool:

I don,t know much about the DOHC engine so wouldn,t know where to get a manifold....... so I,d do the roll bar next :D :o

cheers
andy

Enoch 9th May 2010 07:45 PM

Thanks, Les, I looked at them but they don't seem to do one for my engine. I think I have a cunning plan now but will not get to it for a few days. Andy, the roll bar beckons but I think I may finish the scuttle, get the engine wiring and tank in and give the engine a whirl first. I will see what happens on the exhaust front and if the Caterham one materialises.

baz-r 10th May 2010 07:54 PM

had a look at the kits at stoneleigh and thay looked real good quality and the tubing is a little thicker so should be a doddle to weld (no burnt holes) pritty good value too if you compared to buying the steel yourself.
no f**K ups as its cut for you :D
all the tubes are marked and the cuts looked nice and clean so minimal prep before welding ;)
not to mention handys andy knows his way around a chassis blindfolded

im just waiting for mine to turn up wink wink andy :rolleyes: