Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What happened (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13600)

frankie boy 3rd March 2015 08:27 PM

What happened

Hi all
Haven't been on here for a long time.
I'm looking to finish the project I started 4 years ago.
I still have all the fibreglass moulds that I did from my first car.
Was just surprised to see that my car was sold back in November 2014 if I had known I would've bought it back from Chris.
It's strange to know that the The guy who bought it was from East London back where it came from.
Good Luck to all you builders hope to see you here soon.
Frankie boy

MikeB 5th March 2015 10:10 AM

Good luck with your next build fella!

twinturbo 5th March 2015 07:28 PM

What's happend?

Quite a lot, most of which does not need dragging back up.

But there's been quite a number of finished cars, lots of new builds, lots of stalled builds, lots of abandond builds.

New faces, old faces returning, people that won't go away and some that have drifted away.

I have hardly touched my build in 14months.

TT

Tatey 5th March 2015 08:59 PM

I am still alive and kicking! 5.5 years into my build and my IVA test is booked for April 24th! :D

Oscar 13th March 2015 10:30 AM

Woo!

I'm not the only freshly returned builder then.
I think I fall into the "stalled" category; haven't done any major work on the build since last summer.

Although I did put some fence panels around my current build area last weekend...

twinturbo 14th March 2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 100068)
Woo!

I'm not the only freshly returned builder then.
I think I fall into the "stalled" category; haven't done any major work on the build since last summer.

Although I did put some fence panels around my current build area last weekend...

That's not stalled... That's just pondering...

TT

tarantula 12th June 2015 01:39 PM

Hi Frankie,

it was me that bought your car and brought it back to the eastside! :)

Is currently tucked away in my garage. Had a little spin and fight with a bush over Christmas :eek: so has some respraying of a rear arch to do, I also managed to crack the front screen so need to replace that and the front brake is binding so need to repair the MC but trying to figure which year Sierra it came off to get the right kit.

Is a fantastic car though and the sound is addictive!

chrisxr2 23rd August 2015 08:23 PM

Hi

Frankie boy, 4 very pleasurable years of ownership once the faulty fuel pump was diagnosed as the problem with it cutting out, probably sold it cheaper than ideal but it was on eBay and locostbuilders with no offers for along time, if I remember your project was something quite special, would love to have seen the Haynes go back to you, messaged you a couple of times over the years with no reply so didn't think to when selling.