Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A loss and a gain (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5621)

flyerncle 1st January 2011 10:39 PM

A loss and a gain

Nothing what so ever to do with a Roadster.

As per previous post my uncle was buried on new years eve in Milton Keynes,this being the loss.

The gain,my daughter gave birth to her first(and last)baby girl after a long labour,mother and baby Naomi are doing well now after a tense couple of days,and personal thanks to any blood donors out there as she needed a transfusion after the birth.

twinturbo 1st January 2011 11:06 PM

It's this that reminds us of our mortality and that we have to leave to let new life flourish. We just need to try to make sure we make the best of what we have before that time.

Our 1st boy was born about 1 week before his Gr8 Grandmother passed away, That was his first funeral. And his first wedding a week later when our best friends got married.

Sorry for the loss and congratulations on you gain.

TT

aerosam 2nd January 2011 08:07 AM

As many have already said, sorry for your loss, but many congratulations to you and your daughter.

Our baby girl is 6 months old now and is just amazing.

Is baby Naomi your first grandchild?

Bonzo 2nd January 2011 06:30 PM

Hi Paul

Congratulations on becoming a Grandad .... We'll have to call you Gramps now ??

Hope Mum & Daughter are in fine fettle now.

You have the sincereset condolences over the loss of your uncle.

This festive period must have been a real roller coaster for you mate.

HandyAndy 2nd January 2011 07:36 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Paul,

but a huge congratulations on becoming a grandad :D , best wishes to your family, to your daughter & baby Naomi, soon be on baby sitting duties eh??:eek: :D

cheers
andy

flyerncle 4th January 2011 04:47 PM

Thanks for the replies one and all,yes she is the first and last grandchild given the week my daughter had to give birth to her.
She is a nurse so well aware of what was going on.

Dont know about Gramps Ronnie,more Grumps cos I 've got the poxxy flu.
It has been up and down as my father died on boxing day many years ago and their wedding aniversary on new years day and the aniversary of the father in law too.

As a very cynical friend of mine so rightly stated just prior to christmas,the departed only die once so get on with living.This is the real deal and not a rehersal.

I give thanks for the nice people I know and the ones I hope to meet.

Coozer 4th January 2011 09:13 PM

Feel for ya loss there fella...

My mam gave up on new years eve on 2000 after a long illness... we still remember her as it comes up...

Then I go down to the graveyard and stand in front of my great granddads grave... and think of all the new babies in the family who give us something to look forward to...

All the best,
Steve

Davey 4th January 2011 09:29 PM

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your uncle, my father's brother passed last year only a few days before his 83rd birthday, mere words seem so weak but we really do know where you are emotionally.

Congratulations on your grandchild, is this the first?

D.

flyerncle 8th January 2011 09:32 AM

Thanks Steve,Yes Davey the first and last after the problems she had producing this one.

Thanks all for your comments.