Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   F*****G Mental but i love it (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3081)

les g 15th November 2009 10:46 PM

F*****G Mental but i love it

Tj and me went on a forage today
some donor parts were up for sale cheap nearly local
(they are for his car)
the guy was strippin a seven for a total rebuild
he,s putting in a Honda s2000 engine and box
beautiful motor 240 bhp in standard form (moist )
that is going to be one seriously fast motorcar
absolutely mental
i cant wait for it to be finished

cheers les g

Tilly819 15th November 2009 10:51 PM

very nice, ive always fancyed a s2000 but putting the engine and box in a 7 thats even better

tilly

spud69 16th November 2009 08:18 AM

I know some people don't like them but i had an RX-8 for a while and would love to put s rotary wankel engine in the roadster, or better still the single seater. 231bhp upto 9500rpm, doesn't have a great deal of torque but is small and light and loads of power - cheaper than S2000 aswell.

Dreaming------AndyH

mark 16th November 2009 11:51 AM

My brother had an s2000 and i had an integra for a while and they are amazing engines to get that power n/a, but i wouldnt want one in a seven style car unless you are jensen button! in an S2000 they are very very twitchy especially if its wet :eek: never mind in something half the weight :D They are only 150bhp before the vtec comes in so the cross over point upto 240 is quite impressive in the honda, i imagine it would be very interesting in a seven style car :eek:

Jimmyd 16th November 2009 12:59 PM

There was a chap racing a Seven with S2000 engine and box over here. It was just scary fast and breathed fire on braking. The BEC Busa boys couldn't keep up but the last track day I was at a couple of months ago it put a leg out.

J

les g 16th November 2009 08:52 PM

mark
i fully understand where you,re coming from
Fabby and me went to a hill climb earlier this year and a guy was racing a silva with an s2000 motor when it came on cam it just went ballistic shook its tail left and right and then scorched away
looked and sounded a beast in a little car you just had to love it........
its no wonder the ariel atom is so blinking fast i,m told its the same motor with a supercharger on it ....FFS..
mental love it
cheers les g

Big Dave 23rd March 2010 07:25 PM

nuts

Hi there this is my first time on this forum so hi, Im at the moment building an car with a Honda s2000 engine in it i to think i may be a little nuts lol lol

Big Dave 23rd March 2010 07:45 PM

my car

4 Attachment(s)
Hopefully i have got this right and you all can see my car regards Dave

HandyAndy 23rd March 2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 34747)
Hi there this is my first time on this forum so hi, Im at the moment building an car with a Honda s2000 engine in it i to think i may be a little nuts lol lol

Welcome to the forum Big Dave, being nuts really does help :D
Nice car, & bet it goes well? :eek: :cool:

cheers
andy

Big Dave 23rd March 2010 07:50 PM

never run it yet i bought it from a mate..... it was a factory built car that has been built so poorly i have had to strip it and start again !!!!