Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it just me or.... (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13067)

Talonmotorsport 16th December 2013 01:48 PM

Is it just me or....

Has this site sort of died over the past few months, has the drop in temperature stopped people from doing any thing on their builds so now have nothing to talk about?

SeriesLandy 16th December 2013 02:37 PM

I was thinking that as well phil. I'm still out in the garage most nights (only been building for 5 years but it's a last push now).
I decided I'm getting old so I bought a heater. I don't normally mind as I work outside all day but when you can't feel your fingers it kinda limits what you can do.

Talonmotorsport 16th December 2013 02:46 PM

I put an MDF ceiling in the workshop last year after it got down to -15'c a few years previously in my very rock'n'roll converted cow shed. Still have not got round to making either my log burner or new doors to keep the heat in but found a pair mechanics gloves and second pair of socks works just as well.

skov 16th December 2013 02:51 PM

It's definitely been quiet in here lately...

There's bound to be a boost in the new year from people receiving the book for xmas (followed a few months later by a load of half built chassis on ebay :D).

twinturbo 16th December 2013 04:12 PM

Same on FSOC, XROC, Fordpower.

I am just working on the loom in the house.

TT

Stot 16th December 2013 05:31 PM

Been piddling down every weekend round here for the past month and a half. All Ive managed to get done is wiring in the rear lights. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Stot

tkpm 16th December 2013 07:40 PM

I must admit not being on her very much, the house building company I work for cant build houses fast enough, so I'm now working a lot more hours. When it gets to the weekend, I'm to knackered to work on the roadster.

Terry

SeriesLandy 16th December 2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 94902)
I put an MDF ceiling in the workshop last year after it got down to -15'c a few years previously in my very rock'n'roll converted cow shed. Still have not got round to making either my log burner or new doors to keep the heat in but found a pair mechanics gloves and second pair of socks works just as well.

My garage was a pig shed, has a lovely sloping floor and 10ft asbestos roof, tonight was quite warm, just had 2 t shirts on. Its amazing the difference each night is in terms of warmth.

Dualist 16th December 2013 09:28 PM

Have been working 6 sometimes 7 days a week so nothing happened for me but I'm now doing shift cover and doing 4 on 4 off so I finally have time to play at last.

gtipping 16th December 2013 10:31 PM

My chassis is still under all the packing boxes from when we moved at the end of February. With the extension nearing completion there may be some light at the end of the tunnel and I may even get to work on my car before the end of Feb - so maybe only 11.5 months or so since the move. I was hoping to enjoy my 2.5 car garage a little more than that in the time since we moved but at least when I return from hours in the garage in the future, I will have nice place to relax in, and wont have to start decorating or some other stupid house based activity.