Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   She Passed!!!!!! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=329)

macdave69 11th October 2007 03:28 PM

She Passed!!!!!!

We've just returned from the VOSA test station at Nottingham and we are pleased to say that the car passed with no issues other than a bit of missed trimming here and there.
The trip was quite eventful as the regulator decided to pack in and thrust 17v towards the battery. So we arrived with a ballooned battery, busy spitting acid and no headlight bulbs.
Fortunately there was a battery shop (really) just 350 yds from the test station and the tester allowed us to fit the replacement parts whilst he did all the testing he could without an engine.

We called at the DVLA on the way back and rather disappointingly the first date for inspection is a fortnight away. So we now have to wait for the reg plate.

Anyway, the drive back was fantastic and if every ride has the same grin factor, then the hard work was worth it.

Thanks to Chris, for doing the book and for the hands on help,
Thanks to Martin for all the assistance
Can't wait to get her out there for real

UncleFista 11th October 2007 03:48 PM

Top news, congratulations :)

Fingers crossed for a mild Autumn/Winter ;) and yes, every drive has a big grin factor, even in the depths of Winter at night, you just have to come home every hour or so to thaw out :)

Enjoy.

3GE Components 11th October 2007 04:13 PM

Congratulations, so apart from Chris (who doesn't count), does this make you the first on the road?

ATB

John

macdave69 11th October 2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3GE Components (Post 2021)
Congratulations, so apart from Chris (who doesn't count), does this make you the first on the road?

ATB

John

Yes I am sure we are the first "after book" car on the road. And I can confirm that the Roadster is a really nice handling car. I'm loving it all ready and I only set the suspension up using a tape measure and trigonometry.

Bonzo 11th October 2007 08:55 PM

Fantastic news

Hi Dave,

Many congratulations on the SVA Pass :D

Perhaps you should run her in with a nice trip to the west counry ;)

Strange how events on the way to a test can conspire to ruin the day. I have lost count of the times I have taken a car for an MOT just to find one of the lights not working. Always my last check before I leave home ??!!

Once again, Very well done

Ronnie :)

macdave69 11th October 2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 2023)
Hi Dave,

Many congratulations on the SVA Pass :D

Perhaps you should run her in with a nice trip to the west counry ;)

Ronnie :)

We certainly intend to get the car to as many shows as possible, the Roadster "word" needs to be spread

3GE Components 11th October 2007 10:57 PM

We'll keep an eye out for you at Exeter next month then :)

Theoldman 11th October 2007 11:09 PM

That is great news, now all I have to do is start mine as soon as I finish the welding course. Now how big was the grin on the way back.

:D

macdave69 12th October 2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoldman (Post 2030)
That is great news, now all I have to do is start mine as soon as I finish the welding course. Now how big was the grin on the way back.

:D

It wouldn't fit in my helmet!!!!!
We had to take the country route back (didn't want to break down on the motorway) Ruthy drover her for the first 15 miles and I had a go for the last 15 miles. We are just hoping the DVLA get a cancellation so that the inspection can take place sooner!

Chris Gibbs 12th October 2007 12:20 PM

Well done Dave and Ruth!

Fantastic news, shame about the DVLA but I'm so pleased for you!

cheers

Chris :D