Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Progress Report (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4827)

davedew 17th August 2010 03:02 PM

Progress Report

Hi all, thought it was time for a quick progress report.

Nearly 4 months to the day that my chassis was started, it is all finish painted, ready to be taken back to my garage.

Cannot thank forum member Gus, enough for the hard work he has put in making my chassis with me during our half hour lunch breaks. At least his shopping bills have been cheap. Didn't give him time to eat!!

Attached are a few pics of the chassis & cage all painted and assembled.

Sorry if they are a bit dark. They look better on the camera.

Cheers

Dave

3GE Components 17th August 2010 03:11 PM

Looking good Dave :cool:

Kind regards

John

davidimurray 17th August 2010 03:12 PM

Wow - that is looking brilliant. Lovely job you and Gus have done there.

Gus - is your car on the road now?

spud69 17th August 2010 04:53 PM

Looking real good, nice roll cage to.

Well done to you both.....AndyH

MightyMouth 17th August 2010 07:45 PM

Here, I have adjusted them for you.

Jimmyd 17th August 2010 08:09 PM

Looking good.!!!

gus 17th August 2010 09:36 PM

Hi
What he forgot to say was it had all the fittings and brackets done,so hopefully no welding on it when at home.

Davidimurray - hope to have my car finished next week . Dash needs fitting , gear and hand brake gater and lots of trim. Then send off paper work .

Gus

Bonzo 17th August 2010 09:41 PM

Dave's chassis is looking fantastic :cool: :)

Nice to see that you have managed to crack on with your build Gus :)

When will we see the grand unveiling :cool:

HandyAndy 17th August 2010 11:42 PM

WoW looking nice :cool:

Dave / Gus..... May I ask ......are the roll cage back stays & front down tubes welded to the chassis at the bottom?

reason I ask is that I,ve recently done mine but bolted them in with 4 bolts similar to the upper roll bar mounting, just in case I ever need to remove the roll bar.

I take it you both only have time for a kit kat in your lunch breaks, chassis is looking really nice :cool:

cheers
andy

davedew 18th August 2010 08:19 AM

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I'll be glad to get it home to spend a bit more time on it. Not that i'll get much with a 3 year old boy to play with.
He does like cars though. He was sat in Gus's at the weekend eating biscuits, and getting crumbs all over the place!!

Andy the rollcage in completely bolted into the chassis. The rear stays each have 2no. M8 bolts welded into the bottom of them, which bolt through plates welded to the chassis rear frame. The front tubes each have 3 fixings which go through a plate welded into the corner of the chassis. These bolt will eventually go through the ali floor and a spreader plate underneath.

Yesterday was the first time the rollcage had been back on the chassis since we welded it all up. Went on like a glove and all the bolts went in first time.

Cheers

Dave