Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roadster Forum To Close (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13999)

TalonMotorFabrication 17th November 2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianr (Post 104619)
VERY disappointed. Why? This has been - and would continue to be a wonderful resource for Haynes last two manuals about building a sevenesque car. There should be a third book using Mazda components to update the build - Phil @ Talon? maybe? - a really great pity to close this resource :-(

I love your optimism Ian but a book written by me would be 10 pages of technical drawings as a pic says a thousand words......:rolleyes: :D

The V8 Files 17th November 2016 09:33 PM

I am making enquiries to see about the possibility of Haynes releasing the data but who knows if they will be willing.

vmax1974 17th November 2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonMotorFabrication (Post 104626)
I love your optimism Ian but a book written by me would be 10 pages of technical drawings as a pic says a thousand words......:rolleyes: :D

Lol i feel your pain phil i am already writing a book its very laborious i still have the tech parts to do

NeilW 17th November 2016 10:38 PM

Well this sucks balls

voucht 17th November 2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky (Post 104613)
Also would like to know what happens to our messages in inbox

Hi,
There is an easy way to save them.
- go in your inbox
- on the right bottom corner, you have a menu "Move to folder..." and the "Go" button
- select all your messages (tick the boxes on the far right of the messages)
- unroll the menu, and you have saving options (download as XML, CVS, TEXT)
- chose "download as Text"
- click on the go "Go" button just next to the menu
- all your received email will be saved in a .txt file
- do the same with your "sent items" to save them the same way on a different file : click on "Edit Folder" in the left menu, and "sent items" in the main window, and repeat the operation as you did for the inbox)

Hope that will help :)

vmax1974 17th November 2016 11:38 PM

So much more helpful than i am sylvain

voucht 17th November 2016 11:41 PM

To The Admin-please Read This And Help Us
 
Now, I would like to ask the admins of the Haynes Forum : how can you give us all the complete forum to be backed up on a new website of our choice. Can we transfer it to another domain name hosted by one of us? I could really take car of this and host the forum on a personal website with public access. This Forum and all the informations it holds can not be lost for ever: it is just inconceivable to me.

There should be a way to do this and back the forum up and host it somewhere else.

Please, if some of you have the necessary knowledge to help me transferring the forum to a website we will continue to maintain, contact me. We just can't let this forum be lost forever.

Clock is ticking guys, there is just 2 weeks left to do this.

Thanks.

voucht 17th November 2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmax1974 (Post 104631)
So much more helpful than i am sylvain

I'm a man of details! ;)

Dave F 18th November 2016 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voucht (Post 104632)
Now, I would like to ask the admins of the Haynes Forum : how can you give us all the complete forum to be backed up on a new website of our choice. Can we transfer it to another domain name hosted by one of us? I could really take car of this and host the forum on a personal website with public access. This Forum and all the informations it holds can not be lost for ever: it is just inconceivable to me.

There should be a way to do this and back the forum up and host it somewhere else.

Please, if some of you have the necessary knowledge to help me transferring the forum to a website we will continue to maintain, contact me. We just can't let this forum be lost forever.

Clock is ticking guys, there is just 2 weeks left to do this.

Thanks.

Someone would need shell access to do it properly but I believe,because it's still an old version, the database can be backed up under the ,maintenance menu that full admins 'should' be able to se. The files would still need to be copied so root server access would also be needed. With the right access it's a reletively easy task but it all depends if Haynes will give anyone access.

Rosco 18th November 2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The V8 Files (Post 104627)
I am making enquiries to see about the possibility of Haynes releasing the data but who knows if they will be willing.

at the end of the day its all of our data not theres, if i all gets lost it will be such a waste,


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.