Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

SeriesLandy 4th June 2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidbolam (Post 97249)
I'm hopefully going to send mine off soon. Which forms do you need to complete and where so you get them from?

David

It's also worth applying for the v55/5 form online as it takes 2 weeks to arrive and you can't just print it off.

Stot 5th June 2014 09:50 PM

Heres a few current pics. If you spot anything suspect let me know!

Stot 5th June 2014 09:51 PM

Cheers
Stot

K4KEV 6th June 2014 01:05 AM

looks pretty much the dogs John.....does not look like there are any issues re the photo's but when mr iva gets started you will never know until the large mama sings:D

Enoch 6th June 2014 06:46 AM

Absolutely stunning:)
Only thing I can think of - does the handbrake need adjusting? It looks like it comes up quite high. When I sva'd my Robin Hood I got a failure point because the handbrake came up to near the end of it's travel or some similar wording. I had to adjust it so it only came up 3 clicks of the ratchet. the exhaust clamp may be an issue as well. Cant see from the photo but it looks like there may be a sharp edge on it. You would get away with it if it was below the level of the floor but it could be an issue where it is. If the bolt is hex headed and it can be done up by a spanner just rotate it so the adjuster bit is between the pipe and the body so they can't touch it with the test sphere. Hope that makes sense - it's early!
Best of luck with it, you have built something quite remarkable there, it's quite an inspiration.
Dave.

Stot 6th June 2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 97289)
looks pretty much the dogs John.....does not look like there are any issues re the photo's but when mr iva gets started you will never know until the large mama sings:D

Cor its been that long since I posted you forgot my name Kev! :D

Cheers
Andy

flyerncle 6th June 2014 09:39 AM

Cracking job,interesting idea with front indicators saw the same idea but with low profile lamps at Stoneleigh.

K4KEV 6th June 2014 10:21 AM

Ooooops soz Andy....I am lousy at remembering names, anyways you have used some nifty techniques in your build... now that kind of thing always sticks in my mind, looking forward to the next chapter ANDY:D :D

Stot 6th June 2014 10:23 AM

Cheers guys,

The handbrake is only about 1/3-1/2 full travel. I have tried to make a new cable for it but mild steel weld blob on a stainless cable just breaks off when you put handbrake type pressure on it. Some argon and SS wire should do it though.

With the indicators they fit the style ive gone for, and when I fit clams after IVA that is where they will be so I think it works overall.

Cheers
Stot

Davidbolam 6th June 2014 12:55 PM

Can you post some photos of how you have covered the castleated nuts attatched to the bottom of the uprights.

hope this makes sense - im wondering how to cover mine as there is a pin going through it and im sure its in an area to be tested.

David