Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saturn/gillham/ vmax composites bodywork (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13768)

garyout 16th May 2017 08:34 PM

I totally agree with Norton and I couldn't have put it better myself I am also one that is in the queue waiting for a refund after making my final payment in October I have waited patiently for the my parts and its finally come to this,like many others i cant afford to loose £500.

I made the decision over the weekend to break my build and start selling it on as I have just fallen out of bed with it with all the waiting, it nearly didn't get off the starting blocks due to being messed about at the start by another supplier but hay ho.

Honesty is the best policy.

so how many want refunds is any one else going to come forward? at least I will then know where I stand in the queue

:mad:

norton 18th May 2017 11:21 AM

Vmax, your inbox is full. There is still no sign of the arches, are they definitely on the way? Not been returned again or anything?

vmax1974 18th May 2017 11:52 AM

I will find out when i get back for you

norton 18th May 2017 11:54 AM

Thank you.

alga 18th May 2017 01:03 PM

SteveH 19th May 2017 05:54 PM

Well it looks like there's a few of us on here that's had a long wait for bodywork
I've been waiting about four months now for two side panels that I was at told I'd have them end of February which was ok with me, but it's now near end of may and have been told he'd send them to me asap
I've been told my panels have been made as Dave was going to drop them to me when he was going the kit car show, but he never went
So I've asked him to send them down to me instead as the original price included delivery
Now I know we all have problems in our life's but I can't help feeling slightly dismayed at the service and considerable lack of customer service

vmax1974 20th May 2017 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alga (Post 105350)

I am starting to believe it

rpjg1975 20th May 2017 01:05 PM

What is the score with these mounds? Nobody seems to have any luck with them!!

vmax1974 20th May 2017 01:27 PM

I think they were poorly made from day one they are getting old and worn out now but essentially what is produced is expected to be cheap due to the locost ethos if you compare what you would pay for Westfield bodywork then remember they are similar in cost and time to produce you can see where the costs need to be kept to a minimum i could work out of a nice big unit instead of the garage at home but then i would have to double the cost of the kits and with the condition of the moulds i am unwilling to increase the cost of parts

alga 23rd May 2017 11:14 PM

What's the big deal with making a new set of moulds? Isn't that just 3 times or so more work than to make a set of panels? Nathan was already lamenting the poor state of moulds and was announcing plans of making a replacement set, but the moulds changed hands two times and each owner just keeps bitching about the crappy moulds.