Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gingea1pom's Build Diary (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2840)

gingea1pom 1st June 2010 09:00 PM

Andy,

Good question, well presented, don’t really know, haven’t thought about it.

I will probably use Ally, so it goes faster.

No one will get in it with me any way!

Cheers Ginge.

Mrs Ginge (Nicky) has just given me a funny look as if to say ‘well I was planning to have a ride’!!!! stop sniggering TT

HandyAndy 1st June 2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingea1pom (Post 39311)

No one will get in it with me any way!

Cheers Ginge.

Mrs Ginge (Nicky) has just given me a funny look as if to say ‘well I was planning to have a ride’!!!! stop sniggering TT

:D
Well, I reckon Mrs Ginge should make a point of MR Ginge being a passenger now & again after that comment :p :D

No worries, Ali is good too , just remember to rivet it in before the engine goes in :D

cheers
andy

gingea1pom 1st June 2010 09:13 PM

Hi Andy

Its Nicky (Mrs Ginge)

I'd love to have a drive if.....oops :D when, its finally finished.

You'll not get anything out of Ginge at the moment, he's glued to the tele watching the new series of Wheeler Dealer on Discovery Realtime. I expect he'll check in during the advert breaks, but other than that you won't get anything out of him for approx. an hour when normal service will resume!

Nicky

HandyAndy 1st June 2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingea1pom (Post 39314)
Hi Andy

Its Nicky (Mrs Ginge)

I'd love to have a drive if.....oops :D when, its finally finished.

Nicky

:D Touche ( said in french accent lol)

Nice one Nicky :D

cheers
andy

gingea1pom 1st June 2010 10:08 PM

Woah, woah, woah

What was that all about,:eek: she needs to get back on her running forum! Or get a log in.:D

Cheers Ginge

HandyAndy 1st June 2010 10:11 PM

My wife doesn,t drive :D :D

My Roadster is safe :eek: :D

cheers
andy

Davey 1st June 2010 10:18 PM

My wife does drive but doesn't seem very interested in the car although she is really supportive of me and my silly ideas:D . I do have a list of people who want a ride in it though.

D.

Headshot 1st June 2010 11:21 PM

My roadster, once finished, will be safe!

My mrs has a mini cooper sportpack in the garage, under a dust sheet, which is looked after better than me!!!!! I am not allowed to touch that, except to check fluids and run it every few months (its done 300 miles in the last 5 years!!!!)

So she can keep her hands off my car :D

mark 2nd June 2010 12:36 PM

Ginge, all looking good but just an observation of your front uprights, the part of the upright where the track rod end attaches hasnt got a radius on the edge. If you get a picky examiner it may pose a radius problem.

Some people have passed fine with standard uprights but i just didnt want to risk it on mine so i smoothed off all the edges with a flap disc, the test fee is high enough without having to fork out for a retest for something stupid :)

gingea1pom 2nd June 2010 03:42 PM

Mark,

Thanks for that, I subconsciously assumed, that Ford manufactured parts would be OK.:o

Obviously having thought about it that is not necessarily the case.:mad:

I will be softening the edges this weekend.;) Thanks for the heads up.:D

Cheers Ginge